Footwear for Apocalyptic Rains

Yellow Shoes

For the first time we are planning on slogging through WDW during big time rain storms.

Looking for some advice on shoes. I am afraid that the usual sneakers/socks will be uncomfortably squishy and perhaps blister-inducing.

I have "water shoes" from Lands End that are a little more substantial than pool shoes you get at Target.

I also have regular sport sandals that don't require socks. (I have weirdly sensitive feet and really can't wear most shoes without socks.)

What has been your experience and what worked or didn't work for you?

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Sorry to say, but I am the only person in the world who cannot wear Crocs.

They are extremely uncomfortable for me. I think I'm really between sizes and they are too big. When they get wet, they are really slippery and dangerous.

Upvote 0

lilo091701

So Sorry!!! They are meant to be on the big side for comfort!! But I know what you mean some people just can't wear them. Your Lands End choice maybe your best bet!!!

Have fun and try to stay dry!!!

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

Sorry to say, but I am the only person in the world who cannot wear Crocs.

They are extremely uncomfortable for me. I think I'm really between sizes and they are too big. When they get wet, they are really slippery and dangerous.

Don't worry about that...Crocs get slippery footbeds when running in the running, a recipe for a wipe out! Have you tried Teva's? Or check out the LL Bean website. They usually have all terrain sandals good for water play.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

I know you vetoed Crocs, but I have some Croc flip-flops that I have found awesome for WDW. I also recently got caught in the rain--they weren't too bad.

Upvote 0

KeithVH

Sport sandals. Love my Tevas. Between the last trip in December and our Cancun trip, I can't imagine having just sneakers anymore.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sport sandals will be your best bet. I can't stand the feel of flip flops and I would sooner eat my own feet than put a pair of Crocs on them. Pool shoes will work short term but I would not wear them all day. You can also look into the Teva water shoes. I have never personally worn them but I hear good things from those that have.

Upvote 0

ann0d

I don't find crocs slippery at all! They were originally meant for fishermen, so I really don't see how you can slip. We wore them all the time in WDW. Even my DH who was a Croc hater wore them, and now is hooked. Someone mentioned the make flip flops, but they make all types - I have a pair that are tighter than most, I think they are called ballerina or slippers - something like that.

Upvote 0

NoVa Mom

No Crocs for me either! Our saving grace when our shoes got wet were having a spare pair! We have Land's End sandals too and they work.

We take a whole bag of shoes. 2 pairs of tennis shoes per person and a pair of sandals. I also did a load of laundry so we could all have clean dry socks to change into!! That made a huge difference! :) Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

After sloshing through WDW in July in my New Balance sneakers, I picked up a pair of Keen's today. I'm heading down to Disney tomorrow so I'll let you know how they hold up. Planning to take some band-aids in case I get blisters....

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
red_cps_flyfishing_waders_big_hero.jpg

stylish yet practical

Upvote 0

JohnWeckwerth

Footwear

I found some realy comfortable Columbia water hiking shoes. They have mesh on sides and drainage holes in the sole. Bought them specificaly for AK as I wanted something that would hold up to alot of walking and could get wet. Worked great.

Upvote 0

heliumalias

I don't recommend crocs. I had the privilege of wathching 3 different people go flying in the line for Space Mountain after it had been raining. Meanwhile, my sister and I had been wearing sneakers and were sturdy as rocks.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
For the first time we are planning on slogging through WDW during big time rain storms.

Looking for some advice on shoes. I am afraid that the usual sneakers/socks will be uncomfortably squishy and perhaps blister-inducing.

I have "water shoes" from Lands End that are a little more substantial than pool shoes you get at Target.

I also have regular sport sandals that don't require socks. (I have weirdly sensitive feet and really can't wear most shoes without socks.)

What has been your experience and what worked or didn't work for you?

Might I suggest some Yellow Shoes? :lookaroun

:lol:

Sorry, had to make the obvious connection! Not a fan in the slightest of Crocs either... I'd recommend the Teva sandals with front and back connectors.

Have a great day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom