Footwear at WDW

Nemo14

Original Poster
I remember finding a web site a year or so ago that consisted of photos of actual footwear seen at WDW. I can't remember what it was called, but i remember how funny it was. I've always got a "kick":lol: out of watching what people wear for a day in the parks. Does anyone have any info about this?

Are you talking about badshoe.com? I happened to run across that site last year. It is pretty amazing that anyone thinks they might be comfortable walking around the parks all day wearing high heel shoes!

MiRi

Sneakers are the best way to go. Sandals with excellent support would be good too. Flip flops are a no-no. I honestly don't know how people walk around the parks in flip flops all day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I love my flip flops and can walk miles in them. But I just invested in a cool pair of sketchers sandals that are like flip flops but have a little more support than regular flip flops.

39 days!!!!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Yes,that's it! Thank you so much - you've gotta love those lace-up sandals! I knew someone here would remember this site!

shoppingnut

Always bring two pairs of sneakers just in case we get caught in a rain storm I have a dry pair to wear. I never wear sandles if there is a chance of rain, nothing worse than wet dirty feet. It's amazing how much dirt gets into the sandles with the water.

maxime29

Premium Member
Skateboard shoes are fairly comfortable due to their design to take impact. (I'm not talking about Vans either; they have gone too generic these days)

I've also worn Merrell sandals, and my feet had no trouble wearing them.

Cosmo

you'll never catch me in anything BUT converse chuck taylors. the perfect shoe. can be dressy, can be casual. dry quickly, nice and airy; nice and light.

yes, i even got married in a pair (black high tops) and my wife did too (white low tops)...looked great with a tuxedo! :cool:

Woody13

Cosmo said:
you'll never catch me in anything BUT converse chuck taylors. the perfect shoe. can be dressy, can be casual. dry quickly, nice and airy; nice and light.

yes, i even got married in a pair (black high tops) and my wife did too (white low tops)...looked great with a tuxedo! :cool:
Edna Mode says, "Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars are canvas hobo shoes, darling. You can't be seen in those."

Bobb G

Timothy Q Mouse said:
Are you talking about badshoe.com? I happened to run across that site last year. It is pretty amazing that anyone thinks they might be comfortable walking around the parks all day wearing high heel shoes!

100% of those feet showing are gross....Feet in general are gross to look at...except little baby feet.

Laura

Premium Member
I am always amazed at what people (mainly women) will wear for a day of theme park going. My feet even hurt after a full day if I wore comfortable sneakers all day long. And then people walking around in heels or flip flops, I just can't imagine it!

PurpleFigment

Two words: NIKE SHOX.

I don't know how I managed to go to the parks without these things in the past. I've been to Disney about 10 times. I've normally worn big, bulky basketball shoes. Then Nike Shox came out. I can't wear anything else now. There are actual mini shock absorbers in these shoes. You can get them with four shox on the back or a full set all along the shoe. I can walk around MK, EPCOT & Downtown Disney in one day and my feet won't hurt a bit...not even a little! They're a little pricey, but can be found on sale normally. A set of back shox runs about $110 retail; full shox run $150 retail...but they can be found on sale for $40-$60 for back shox and about $80 for full shox. I highly recommend them to anyone who does a lot of walking, standing or who lifts a lot of heavy objects. I work in television news and have converted most of my photojournalists to this shoe -- about 12 of them!

S_Grise

shoppingnut said:
Always bring two pairs of sneakers just in case we get caught in a rain storm I have a dry pair to wear. I never wear sandles if there is a chance of rain, nothing worse than wet dirty feet. It's amazing how much dirt gets into the sandles with the water.
A tad off-topic but... One of the funniest things my husband caught on video is my daughter after her first Kali River Rapids ride. She's sitting on a bench and takes off her shoe to pour out water. As she starts wringing out her sock he asks, "Did you get wet Hannah?" She looks up at him with a sarcastic expression that only a pre-teen can make and throws her sock at him. SPLAT! It hits the camera dead center. Hilarious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom