Pre-Trip Food, Wine & Friends Pre-Trip Report

Hi Everyone! My upcoming trip is quickly approaching and while I have some down time at work I figured I would do a little pre-trip report. I've only done one other trip report here and this is my first pre-trip report so forgive me if this is as bad as the movie when you exit Maelstrom. (aww RIP Maelstrom).

When: I have a 6am direct flight out of Logan Airport in Boston on October 23rd. My best friend lives in Clearwater so she's taking the hour and a half drive to Orlando and picking me up at MCO.

10311782_10152883880853146_5648981428970328209_n.jpg

I'm the blonde (Sam) and my best friend is Rosey.

Where: We are staying offsite this trip. This was an unplanned trip due to our original upcoming trip in February for the Princess Half Marathon weekend. A couple of us are running the 5K. Our home away from home this trip will be at the Marriott World Center right outside Disney where we will be staying in Rose's dad's timeshare (if it's free, it's for me).

8429_1.jpg

We are "in the world" for a total of 6 nights. We are on the fence right now but might be taking one night to do Halloween Horror nights at Universal. I'm not really into anything horror related. Last time I went to a halloween type event my fiance had to buy me one of the blinky lights for kids who are too scared so they actors know to lay off. It's bad. However, my best friend loves that stuff and she sits through ride through after ride through on It's A Small World every trip so it's the least I can do.

That ride makes me wicked happy... obviously
1800188_10201612765427401_292203170_n.jpg

My fiance is bowing out this trip. We are getting married next November and as part of our honeymoon we are spending a couple days in Disneyland before we leave for our all-inclusive so I've been cutting him some slack and not laying the guilt trip down regarding trips this year lol.

A little back story on Rosey & I... we met back in 2007 while moving into the Vista Way Apartments in Lake Buena Vista for our Disney College Program. We were right behind each other in line and after discussing my "amazing" Boston accent (which to this day I cannot hear) we found out we were actually roommates. We hit it off instantly and the rest is history. I moved back home to Boston to finish my Master's after the program and she enrolled in college in Florida and never went back to Ohio. We make it a point to visit each other a few times a year. We both have annual passes so I tend to push our get togethers be in Florida lol.

THIS TRIP: There's so much going on this trip! I'm so excited. Aside from having tickets to MNSSHP we plan on spending a couple days drinking and eating our way around the world for the Food & Wine Festival. Last time we drank around the world it didn't end too well...

486850_10200098100361721_470425187_n.jpg

A few too many Jager shots in Germany followed by a liter of Oktoberfest at Biergarten led us to getting our faces painted. We also let my fiance and brother choose the designs. We stay classy.

There are so many things I want to try this year. Most notably, the Schinkennudeln in Germany and the Sauerkraut pierogi with pork goulash. Being a little Polish girl who's mom makes THE BEST homemade pierogi I have to give disney's version a shot. I really have a taste for German beer too. It's my favorite. I love it all so I am amped up to hit the Brewer's Collection this year.

This was in Germany during one of our St. Patty's Day celebrations. We met up with tons of other people who were drinking the world too. It was a lot of fun!

403943_10150898015358146_1067305882_n.jpg

We made a few dining reservations this time around too. Whispering Canyon for lunch, O'hana for breakfast, Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic Package and of course, Biergarten for dinner. GET IN MY BELLY! We haven't made any FT+ selections yet. Guess we have to wait until we are 7 days out. WHATEVER! Still don't understand why AP's can't make them earlier even though we are staying offsite. (end of rant).

We will probably sneak over to Jellyrolls one night too. I've been there a couple times and have had a freakin' blast every single time. The one thing we are bailing on this trip is the water parks. We'd rather do a second day at Epcot. I need my quality time with Dominick!

37075_10151614217653146_1595035646_n.jpg

Disney Shib

Original Poster
We will do all four theme parks. MK and Epcot twice. Haven't figured out which day we are doing what but we are definitely doing MNSSHP our first night in.

We are making our costumes too. Don't judge us. There is nothing wrong with two twenty something year old women dressing up like Flounder and Sebastian. NOTHING I SAY! I don't even like fish. Seriously... I don't.

1538645_10152598580888146_1657264907_n.jpg

Anyway, we are super excited. If anyone has any additional drink or food suggestions send them our way! Can't wait to get there. 38 Days and counting!

Until then...

1545708_10152606228948146_935553433_n.jpg

mrdrift

Seems like you will have a blast at the World. I would recommend taking one night and go over to Universal for Horror nights. I've never been to Floridas Horror nights but I do California Horror nights ever year and it is really awesome. Have a Magical time.

Disney Shib

Original Poster
Seems like you will have a blast at the World. I would recommend taking one night and go over to Universal for Horror nights. I've never been to Floridas Horror nights but I do California Horror nights ever year and it is really awesome. Have a Magical time.

Funny that you mention HHN. My best friend brought ii up again last night and it looks like we are going to try it. I'm such a scaredy cat though! Hopefully it's not too bad lol.

tmm7899

We are on the same flight!! I also met my best friend back in 2001 standing in line at Chatham Square and ended up being roommates during our Advanced Internships. I have a feeling our paths will cross a lot as my mom, sister, and myself are planning on spending a lot of time at the Food and Wine Festival and we also have an ADR at Biergarten!! See you bright and early on the 23rd for the flight down!

ratherbeinwdw

Hi Everyone! My upcoming trip is quickly approaching and while I have some down time at work I figured I would do a little pre-trip report. I've only done one other trip report here and this is my first pre-trip report so forgive me if this is as bad as the movie when you exit Maelstrom. (aww RIP Maelstrom).

When: I have a 6am direct flight out of Logan Airport in Boston on October 23rd. My best friend lives in Clearwater so she's taking the hour and a half drive to Orlando and picking me up at MCO.

10311782_10152883880853146_5648981428970328209_n.jpg

I'm the blonde (Sam) and my best friend is Rosey.

Where: We are staying offsite this trip. This was an unplanned trip due to our original upcoming trip in February for the Princess Half Marathon weekend. A couple of us are running the 5K. Our home away from home this trip will be at the Marriott World Center right outside Disney where we will be staying in Rose's dad's timeshare (if it's free, it's for me).

8429_1.jpg

We are "in the world" for a total of 6 nights. We are on the fence right now but might be taking one night to do Halloween Horror nights at Universal. I'm not really into anything horror related. Last time I went to a halloween type event my fiance had to buy me one of the blinky lights for kids who are too scared so they actors know to lay off. It's bad. However, my best friend loves that stuff and she sits through ride through after ride through on It's A Small World every trip so it's the least I can do.

That ride makes me wicked happy... obviously
1800188_10201612765427401_292203170_n.jpg

My fiance is bowing out this trip. We are getting married next November and as part of our honeymoon we are spending a couple days in Disneyland before we leave for our all-inclusive so I've been cutting him some slack and not laying the guilt trip down regarding trips this year lol.

A little back story on Rosey & I... we met back in 2007 while moving into the Vista Way Apartments in Lake Buena Vista for our Disney College Program. We were right behind each other in line and after discussing my "amazing" Boston accent (which to this day I cannot hear) we found out we were actually roommates. We hit it off instantly and the rest is history. I moved back home to Boston to finish my Master's after the program and she enrolled in college in Florida and never went back to Ohio. We make it a point to visit each other a few times a year. We both have annual passes so I tend to push our get togethers be in Florida lol.

THIS TRIP: There's so much going on this trip! I'm so excited. Aside from having tickets to MNSSHP we plan on spending a couple days drinking and eating our way around the world for the Food & Wine Festival. Last time we drank around the world it didn't end too well...

486850_10200098100361721_470425187_n.jpg

A few too many Jager shots in Germany followed by a liter of Oktoberfest at Biergarten led us to getting our faces painted. We also let my fiance and brother choose the designs. We stay classy.

There are so many things I want to try this year. Most notably, the Schinkennudeln in Germany and the Sauerkraut pierogi with pork goulash. Being a little Polish girl who's mom makes THE BEST homemade pierogi I have to give disney's version a shot. I really have a taste for German beer too. It's my favorite. I love it all so I am amped up to hit the Brewer's Collection this year.

This was in Germany during one of our St. Patty's Day celebrations. We met up with tons of other people who were drinking the world too. It was a lot of fun!

403943_10150898015358146_1067305882_n.jpg

We made a few dining reservations this time around too. Whispering Canyon for lunch, O'hana for breakfast, Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic Package and of course, Biergarten for dinner. GET IN MY BELLY! We haven't made any FT+ selections yet. Guess we have to wait until we are 7 days out. WHATEVER! Still don't understand why AP's can't make them earlier even though we are staying offsite. (end of rant).

We will probably sneak over to Jellyrolls one night too. I've been there a couple times and have had a freakin' blast every single time. The one thing we are bailing on this trip is the water parks. We'd rather do a second day at Epcot. I need my quality time with Dominick!

37075_10151614217653146_1595035646_n.jpg
You can make your fastpass choices 30 days out not 7 days out.

Disney Shib

Original Poster
Update: We were able to book our Fastpasses for day 1 of our trip today! We are going to MK after my flight lands and we have fastpasses for BTMR, Space Mountain & Splash Mountain then a 2:00pm ADR at Whispering Canyon for lunch! We have tickets to MNSSHP that night so after lunch we plan on heading back to the hotel for a dip in the pool and to get our costumes together! We plan on sucking it up and waiting in line for 7DMC if my hook-up doesn't get scheduled to work that night. :) Eek 30 days away!

Disney Shib

Original Poster
We are on the same flight!! I also met my best friend back in 2001 standing in line at Chatham Square and ended up being roommates during our Advanced Internships. I have a feeling our paths will cross a lot as my mom, sister, and myself are planning on spending a lot of time at the Food and Wine Festival and we also have an ADR at Biergarten!! See you bright and early on the 23rd for the flight down!

This is so awesome! I am totally going to look for you guys! YAY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom