Food & Wine Fest Event Info (Long)

Stitch79

Original Poster
:sohappy: Here is the information about all of the events taking place at the F&W fest this year. Its a long list, I'm so excited!! Hopefully, the TBA stuff will be cleared up soon.

EXCLUSIVE EVENINGS AT EPCOT

This prestigious dining event takes place at the World Showplace Pavilion (formerly the Millennium Village.) A six-course dinner prepared by a team of celebrity and Walt Disney World chefs is served with fine wines.

During your meal you’ll enjoy live entertainment. The evening ends with reserved viewing of the Illuminations Fireworks. The event begins at 6:00pm and ends at 9:00pm.

Gentlemen are requested to wear jackets; the suggested attire for ladies is cocktail wear.
$185.00 per person including tax and gratuity. The themes are as follows:

10/3 – Fess Parker’s Frontiers
Hosted by Fess and Eli Parker, featuring the Fess Parker Winery

10/8 – South America Sensations
Guest Chefs – Randy Zweiban of Nacional 27 and Chicago’s Martin Rios from This Old House in Sante Fe, NM.
Wineries: Casa Lapostolle and Concha Y Toro

10/15 – Pure New Zealand
Guest Chef from New Zealand
Winery: Brancott Vineyards

10/17 – Italian Impressions
Guest Chef: Roberto Donna from Restaurant Galileo, Washington, DC and Enzo Sargione from Restaurant Barolo in Washington, DC
Winery: Castello Banfi

10/22 – Pacific Northwest Passage
Guest Chefs: Thierry Rautureau from Seattle’s Rovers Restaurant and Eric Tanaka, the recipient of the 2004 James Beard Best Chef of the Pacific Northwest Award.
Pastry Chefs: Cindy and Dominique Duby, Authors of “Wild Sweets” cookbook.
Winery: St. Michel from King Estates, Inniskillin

10/24 – French Finesse
Guest Chefs: Dominique Macquet from Dominique’s Restaurant, New Orleans, Marc Ortaly from Tigalle’s Restaurant, Boston and Joel Antunes from Joel’s Restaurant in Atlanta.
Pastry Chef: Jacque Pfeiffer from the French Pastry School, Chicago
Winery: Chateau Lynch-Bages

10/29 – California Dreaming
Guest Chefs: Mark Franz, Farallon Restaurant, San Francisco, and Tim Keating from Four Seasons in Houston.
Pastry Chef: Emily Luchetti from Farallon Restaurant, San Francisco.
Winery: Caymus Vineyards, Flora Springs

11/5 – Awesome Aussies
Guest Chef: To Be Announced
Winery: Penfolds

11/7 – Tour De France
Guest Chef: Muchael Ginor from Hudson Valley Foie Gras, NY and Laurent Gras from the Fifth Floor Restaurant in San Francisco
Winery: To Be Announced

11/12 – Exclusively Espania
Guest Chef: Wayne Johnson from the Andaluca Restaurant in Seattle, WA and Santi Zabelata from the Caberna Del Alabardero in Washington, DC
Pastry Chef: Carlos Salazar from the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas
Wineries: Montecillo, Osbourne and Maltica

LUNCH AND LEARN WITH THE CHEFS

This event takes place at the Odyssey Pavilion. You’ll observe a guest chef prepare a four-course luncheon. Each course is served with a wine pairing. This is held on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30am to 1:30pm.
$75.00 per person including tax and gratuity. The schedule is as follows:

10/1 – New England Culinary Institute
10/2 – TBA
10/3 – Bob Waggoner from the Charleston Grill, Charleston

10/8 – Alan Wong from Alan Wong’s Restaurant, Hawaii
10/9 – Art Smith: Author and Chef for Oprah Winfrey
10/10 – Cat Cora – Host of the Food Channel’s “Melting Pot”

10/15 – Giuliano Hazen from the Villa Giona Cooking School in Verona, Italy
10 /16 – TBA
10/17 - Celebrity chef from New Zealand

10/22 – Celebrity chef from New Zealand
10/23 – Paula Deen from the Lady and Sons Restaurant in Savannah and host of Paula’s Home Cooking on the Food Channel
10/24 – Ken Vedrinski from the Woodland Resort and Michael Kramer from McCrady’s Restaurant in Charleston

10/29 – TBA
10/30 – TBA
10/31 – John Ash, author and creator of California Cuisine

11/5 – TBA
11/6 – TBA
11/7 – Brooke Vosika from Four Seasons in New York City

11/12 – TBA
11/13 – Rick Bayless from the Frontera Grill in Chicago
11/14 – Alan Susser from Chef Alan’s

PARTY FOR THE SENSES

You’ll begin this memorable event at the 5:45 performance of the Eat to the Beat Concert. From 6:30 to 9:00pm, you’ll be sampling the culinary creations of 20 renowned chefs as well as 50 great beers and wines. This event takes place at the World Showplace Pavilion (formerly Millennium Village.)
$95.00 per person including tax and gratuity. The evening ends with preferred viewing of the Illuminations Fireworks. The schedule is as follows:

10/2 – Kool and the Gang
10/9 – Starship
10/16 – Taylor Dane
10/23 – Commodores
10/30 – Survivor
11/6 – Eddie Money
11/13 – Chubby Checker

SIGNATURE DINNER

This event features a five-course dinner prepared by a Guest Chef and the Chef from the host restaurant. Each evening includes selections from two to three wineries served with your meal. Check in is at 5:30pm with dinner beginning at 6:00pm and ending at 9:00pm.
$125.00 per person including tax and gratuity. The schedule is as follows:

10/10 – Jiko’s
10/31 – California Grill
11/14 – California Grill

SWEET SUNDAYS

If you want to satisfy your Sweet Tooth, then this is the event to choose. Top Pastry Chefs will prepare three delicious sinfully sweet treats for you to enjoy.

This event is held from 7:00pm to 8:30pm on Sundays during the Food and Wine Festival: 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7 and 11/14.
$55.00 per person including tax and gratuity.

VERTICAL TASTING

The focus is wine at this event, which is hosted at the Beach Club. This is the perfect seminar for both the serious wine gourmand and for those wishing to learn more about fine wines from around the world. Each event features 10 vintages.
The times for the Vertical Tasting are 2:00pm to 3:30pm. The price includes tax and gratuity and varies according to the date:

10/2 - $125.00 per person - Originally Australian
10/9 - $95.00 per person – Stars of South Africa
10/16 - $150.00 per person – Italian Delights
10/23 - $150.00 per person – Brilliance of Bordeaux
10/30 - $125.00 per person - Napas Noble Wines
11/6 - $95.00 per person – Gems of Germany
11/13 - $125.00 per person - Napas Classic Cabernets

WINE PAIRINGS

This event features three wines paired with three tasting portions of fine cuisine.
$35.00 per person including tax and gratuity. The schedule is as follows:

Alfredo’s Ristorante
Bistro De Paris
2:30 to 4:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays beginning on 10/2 through 11/4.

Coral Reef
2:30 to 4:00pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays beginning on 10/1 through 11/12.

Le Cellier
3:00 to 4:30pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays beginning on 10/1 through 11/12.

Marrakesh
Nine Dragons
3:30 to 5:00pm on Tuesdays beginning on 10/5 through 11/9.

Teppanyaki
3:30 to 5:00pm on Monday’s beginning on 10/4 through 11/8.

WINE SCHOOLS

Whether you’re a novice or wine connoisseur, you’ll enjoy this daylong program featuring winemakers from the finest vineyards around the world. As you sample and learn about each wine, you’ll be served a delicious lunch. At the end of the program each participant receives a certificate. It begins at 9:00am and ends at 3:00pm.
$125.00 per person including tax and gratuity. The schedule is as follows:

10/16, 10/17 – Wine School of Italy hosted at Alfredo’s

10/23, 10/24 – Bordeaux French Wine School hosted at the Bistro De Paris

10/30, 10/31 – Wine School of Napa Valley location TBA

11/6, 11/7 – The Australian Wine School location TBA

DIVINE DINNER AT CITRICO’S

This is a one-time opportunity to enjoy a magical evening at one of the Grand Floridian’s finest restaurants. Your meal will be prepared by Gray Byrum, one of the world’s leading chefs. Australian cuisine is featured and will be paired with Rosemount Estate wines.
There are two seatings. The first is at 5:30 and the second at 7:30.
This event takes place on Sunday, 10/3 and the price is $125.00 per person including tax and gratuity.

BREWERS DINNER

Beer lovers will delight in this dining event designed to celebrate the diversity of beer. Featuring recipes from casual to elegant with beer as the main ingredient, you’ll also enjoy various brews served with your meal.
The price is $55.00 per person including tax and gratuity and takes place from 4:00 to 6:00pm. The schedule is as follows:

America Pavilion – Boston Beer Company with brewers from Samuel Adams
10/13, 10/27 and 11/10

Rose and Crown – Stella Artois and Boddington’s Beer
10/6, 10/20 and 11/3

marietta-stitch

Wow, that is a lot of great information. Thanks for the great update. :sohappy:

I just have one questions. Who are these people?
10/16 – Taylor Dane
10/23 – Commodores

Are these the people who everyone knows there song but no one knows them? :lol:

CrackerJack

Thanks for the info!! We are quickly approaching 90 days till vacation and it will be helpful for making PS reservations.

As far as who Taylor Dayne is, I have no idea. But the Commodores are classic -- Brick House, Once, Twice, 3 Times a Lady, many others

oh, she's a Brick House, she's mighty, mighty, just lettin' it all hang out ...

wannab@dis

marietta-stitch said:
Wow, that is a lot of great information. Thanks for the great update. :sohappy:

I just have one questions. Who are these people?
10/16 – Taylor Dane
10/23 – Commodores

Are these the people who everyone knows there song but no one knows them? :lol:
No, both are well known. :)

Taylor Dayne is 80's pop and the Commodores is probably the biggest motown group from the 70's. You would know their songs if you heard them, but many people will know the acts.

sniggle74

WOW! What a lot to digest in one setting. :lol:

Anyway, I've been to the F&W festival a few times and I know that there is usually a "guest" pavillion that is normally a focal point or host. Will that be carried through this year again and if so has a country been announced?

jrashadb

Man, I can't wait until the Food and Wine Festival starts. It's my favorite time of the year at the parks because it's not too crowded and it's not too hot and, well, there will be dozens and dozens of different foods and libations to sample...
And, I'm happy to see it's going to be longer than a month. That way I can go up to Epcot, say, September to get my annual pass, than come back several times in October and November to sample all the stuff... You've gotta spread it all out or you'll go bankrupt.
Heh.

Moustronaut

corran horn said:
As long as there are quesadillas and creme brule, it's all good.

hmmmm not the first combination that came to mind... but whatever.

Just point me to South Africa and the Durban Spiced Chicken! :slurp:

Any word yet on what countries, regions, or styles will be featured in the booths?

Good information...

Gets me excited, because I am going on vacation with my parents this November. But the destination is undecided. But 2 to 1, my dad and I want to head to Disney. So I am hoping to go to the Food and Wine Festival. That Beer sampler dinner sounds interesting, and not a bad price either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom