DisneyDebNJ

Thoughts?

Also...

CANADA
Culinary Offerings: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta and "Minus 8" Onion Jam
"Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce

Whaaaaaaaatttt?? :)
OH yesssss and I can tell you now, 2 months and a couple week before our trip, there is no way my DH and DS will budge from the Canada kiosk for a week! LOL Alot of oldies but goodies are still on the WS menus (the kahlua pork at Hawaii is a must do) and China has some incredible choices too! I dont think theres a kiosk I wont be at!!!

MagicMegan

Original Poster
OH yesssss and I can tell you now, 2 months and a couple week before our trip, there is no way my DH and DS will budge from the Canada kiosk for a week! LOL Alot of oldies but goodies are still on the WS menus (the kahlua pork at Hawaii is a must do) and China has some incredible choices too! I dont think theres a kiosk I wont be at!!!
I always get pot stickers and last year I ate like 4 helpings of perogies... I have no clue what I want lol. We are eating lunch at Le Cellier twice the week we go in October though, so I may steer away from Canada, but I doubt it. lol

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Thoughts?

Also...

CANADA
Culinary Offerings: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta and "Minus 8" Onion Jam
"Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce

Whaaaaaaaatttt?? :)

This is my first experience with the F&W festival and my initial "thoughts" after seeing that list is:
"H3ll Yeah!"

As far as the "Le Cellier" offering up the Filet...TOTALLY pysched! We changed our mind last minute from
a rez at LeCellier to Yachtsman Steakhouse this year so this is a nice little "best of both worlds" option!
Yup can't wait!

DisneyDebNJ

This is my first experience with the F&W festival and my initial "thoughts" after seeing that list is:
"H3ll Yeah!"

As far as the "Le Cellier" offering up the Filet...TOTALLY pysched! We changed our mind last minute from
a rez at LeCellier to Yachtsman Steakhouse this year so this is a nice little "best of both worlds" option!
Yup can't wait!
Ohhhh Shookie, the things we could teach you and your DW about F&W!! I've only missed two, since it's conception!!! Of course, me being a major foodie and private caterer, this is a dream come true for me every year. My DH (so NOT a Disney fan) actually has a great time once we're there. What we do, every year, is save up our snack credits and do a TS breakfast, then eat around the world, the entire day/night. You and DW need to try that. What a GREAT day!!!!!

ShookieJones

Ohhhh Shookie, the things we could teach you and your DW about F&W!! I've only missed two, since it's conception!!! Of course, me being a major foodie and private caterer, this is a dream come true for me every year. My DH (so NOT a Disney fan) actually has a great time once we're there. What we do, every year, is save up our snack credits and do a TS breakfast, then eat around the world, the entire day/night. You and DW need to try that. What a GREAT day!!!!!

Ok so if I'm reading you correctly:

1. I'm telling the kids that Disney no longer offers snack credits on the DP.

2. I then tell them I heard a rumor that the first "kids only" group to complete Fineas and Ferb adventure 4 times in a row gets tickets to All Time Low and a free Xbox. "Your mother and I will try to find something to do while you're gone"

3. We then proceed to use their entire week's snack credits to eat and drink around the world.

Did I misinterpret what you were saying or is that pretty much spot on?

DisneyDebNJ

Ok so if I'm reading you correctly:

1. I'm telling the kids that Disney no longer offers snack credits on the DP.

2. I then tell them I heard a rumor that the first "kids only" group to complete Fineas and Ferb adventure 4 times in a row gets tickets to All Time Low and a free Xbox. "Your mother and I will try to find something to do while you're gone"

3. We then proceed to use their entire week's snack credits to eat and drink around the world.

Did I misinterpret what you were saying or is that pretty much spot on?
OMG ROFL!!!! Shookie, you and you alone, are going to cause my laptop to die a drowning death. Once again, soda all over it LOL Truth be told?? We found it cheaper to use the snack credits for the kiosks than our DS using his credits (or ours) for sweets, etc. We use the snack credits for the F&W kiosks and paid OOP for pastries, cookies, etc.

ShookieJones

OMG ROFL!!!! Shookie, you and you alone, are going to cause my laptop to die a drowning death. Once again, soda all over it LOL Truth be told?? We found it cheaper to use the snack credits for the kiosks than our DS using his credits (or ours) for sweets, etc. We use the snack credits for the F&W kiosks and paid OOP for pastries, cookies, etc.

No worries!! I'm in IT so I'll fix your laptop if my ridiculous posts end being the cause of it's ultimate desctruction!

Ok well then I guess the kids can join us for a couple tid bits at the F&WF :rolleyes: . Besides my daughter would kill me if I ever excluded her. She's getting to be a little foodie herself.

I had a pretty solid plan though huh? ;)

ShookieJones

So wait I went back and looked at the F&W list........ is EVERYTHING on that list...(minus alcohol :() A snack credit!!????

DisneyDebNJ

So wait I went back and looked at the F&W list........ is EVERYTHING on that list...(minus alcohol :() A snack credit!!????
Yep, pretty much!!! I HIGHLY recommend, my Disney brother, you follow my advice. The lobster roll alone, was close to $8 and a snack credit... will you ever eat an $8 cookie?? See what I'm saying??? I've done this for over a decade and it works.

DisneyDebNJ

No worries!! I'm in IT so I'll fix your laptop if my ridiculous posts end being the cause of it's ultimate desctruction!

Ok well then I guess the kids can join us for a couple tid bits at the F&WF :rolleyes: . Besides my daughter would kill me if I ever excluded her. She's getting to be a little foodie herself.

I had a pretty solid plan though huh? ;)
Shookie, what I used to do before every F&W is give my DS a gift card for $200, what he wanted, he got, but once the card was depleted oh well....

ShookieJones

Yep, pretty much!!! I HIGHLY recommend, my Disney brother, you follow my advice. The lobster roll alone, was close to $8 and a snack credit... will you ever eat an $8 cookie?? See what I'm saying??? I've done this for over a decade and it works.

Please don't mistake my questions as doubting the words that you are preaching my sweet sister! :D
You got mad F&W cred with me and I'm here to learn ;)

DisneyDebNJ

Please don't mistake my questions as doubting the words that you are preaching my sweet sister! :D
You got mad F&W cred with me and I'm here to learn ;)
Do what we do, let the kids try all you and DW sample.. on many occassions, DS opted for some of the kiosks offerings, other than the many delicious offerings in Japan for a snack credit. One trip, he ate teriyaki chicken (when it was offered in the kiosks) 8 times in 10 days LOL

chris martin

This is my first time to the F&W festival. I wanted to know if anyone knows how late the marketplace kiosks stay open? I am debating about cancelling my dinner reservation & just snacking day and night. Thoughts...?

DisneyDebNJ

This is my first time to the F&W festival. I wanted to know if anyone knows how late the marketplace kiosks stay open? I am debating about cancelling my dinner reservation & just snacking day and night. Thoughts...?
All of the times we have gone to F&W, the kiosks closed at 9, not saying that wouldnt change in the future (we can only hope) But I will say, we always do a sit down breakfast first then in the afternoon and evening, go from kiosk to kiosk, then settle in for the night, wake up and do it all over again! If you have a dinner reservation, it may wind up being too much food. IMHO, try switching to a breakfast ADR then spend the afternoon and evening tasting what WS has to offer :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom