Food for Sensitive stomachs?

princessrachel!

Original Poster
Since having a sensitive stomach I usually don't eat at many sit down restaurants at WDW, and being sick in WDW is torture, so I was wondering what sit down restaurants are good for people who need something easy on the tummy? Thanks!

Annielkd

The places I found easist on the tummy might be different from you. I ate a LeCellier because the cheese soup was awesome. I also have no trouble with steak. I had a very nice meal in the Grand Floridian. (Ok.. I really don't always eat at expensive places... those two meals were the best for an upset tummy). I also found the sit down at Port Orleans good. I was able to eat something at Animal Kingdom at the Asian place. (it wasn't spicy as you would think). I also had a wonderful meal at Fort Wilderness... it was a buffet. I think most of the resorts have nice lunches/dinners.
Crystal Palace has a buffet that had choices I could pick as well. But, my husband said the food was bland and over priced. I LOVED eating in Norway, it had a nice pastry wrapped beef thing that was to die for.
My stomach can not handle spicy food, and I like cheesey foods. I don't usually eat anything greesy either. I might be able to help you out more if you told me what you can eat, and what you have to stay away from.

SaolSona

Since having a sensitive stomach I usually don't eat at many sit down restaurants at WDW, and being sick in WDW is torture, so I was wondering what sit down restaurants are good for people who need something easy on the tummy? Thanks!

I don't get upset stomachs but I try to stay away from fried foods.. I like the buffet a Chef Mickey's and the Beach Club because I get to pick what I eat. Like the other poster said, Le Cellier is great as well. Probably the Garden Grill although I've never been and I'd check out the menus for the different countries in the World Showcase (I like the Japanese restaurant as well).

Annielkd

I forgot about the Japanese resteraunt. That one is good as well. I ate at the Garden Grill... I can't remember anything about it... so it must be ok.

JIMINYCR

It depends on what your sensitivities are.

Looking online you can access the menus for all the Disney restaurants in the parks and in the individual resorts. Scan through those and see what foods you can order that agree with you. My wife has certain foods that she needs prepared certain ways, and we have found the Disney chefs to be extremely accommodating for her. Letting the CM's know when you are seated that there are needs will be brought to their attention.

dreamfinder

Most TS that has a full kitchen can be very accomodating. Some, Like Hoop Dee Doo are a bit tougher as they are normally only set up to handle their normal meal. Just notate on the reservation that you have dietary restrictions, and the chefs will come out and discuss with you what you can and cannot eat. And they will normally make something for you if there is nothing on the menu that seems to fit your requirements.

I would however try to stick to the restaurants that seem to fit with what you can normally handle. IE if pasta makes you queasy, don't book Tony's or Via Napoli.

bethannk511

I have stomach issues too. Mine are greasy fried stuff, gluten and carbs. Yeah. I know. On my most recent trip, I decided to ignore the gluten and carbs issues and boy did I regret it!! (I always avoid greasy friend food - mainly deep fried - because the after effects can be torture!!).

Best thing to do is know your sensitivities. Then, go online and take a look at the menus. Disney's website actually has great menus on it now too! And, depending on where you're eating, talk to the chef. They're more than willing to make substitutions. So if it's fried chicken and you want grilled, they can probably do it for you. Good luck!

chipndale09

If you have any sort of allergy or food intolerances (mine are an allergy to peanuts and peas) , you should contact the WDW Special Diets , they can send you a file via email that is called "WDW resorts, food allergy/dietery reference sheet. This list is quite helpful , is it basically a ingredients list of "all" the food at disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom