Food and Wine Info

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Epcot Food and Wine Festival: October 19-November 17, 2002

Website Info:

"Festival Welcome Center" across from the Future World fountain and Innoventions Plaza has cast members welcoming you and answering all your festival questions. Start the Festival off right with one of our many selections of champagne or sparkling wines to celebrate your adventure into the world of great food and wines!"

"Eat to the Beat!" Concert Series with evening performances on the America Gardens Stage of popular entertainers

October 19 - 23 Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards

October 24 - 28 Mary Wilson of the Supremes

Oct. 29 - Nov. 2 Sister Sledge

November 3 - 7 Little Anthony and the Imperials

November 8 - 12 The Fifth Dimension

November 13 - 17 Chubby Checker

"International Marketplaces" - over 20 regions of the world represented in $1.00- 4.50 food and beverage tastings :

Discover Andalucia, Spain
South Africa : The Cape Food and Wine Cuisine
Australia
Canada
Champagne
Chile & Argentina
China
Cognac & Port
France
Fresh from Florida Cuisine (new)
Germany
Greece
International Beers
Italy
Ireland
Japan
Mexico
Morocco & Mediterranean
New Zealand
Poland
Russia & Eastern Europe
Scandinavia
Southeast Asia
U.S.A.
Taste of California (new)

Complimentary 45-minute wine seminars and tastings at The Terrace between France and Morocco in the World Showcase and at the Odyssey in Future World. More than 70 wineries are conducting seminars this year.

For beer lovers, there will be more than 20 national and international beers featured around World Showcase and a specialty beer garden near American Adventure. Returning for a second year in the American Adventure Courtyard is "The History of Beer in America" presented by the Boston Beer Company, makers of Samuel Adams beer with free seminars and tastings.

"From Vine to Wine" guided tour by the Robert Mondavi Family of Wines with complimentary tastings, located near the entrance of World Showcase overlooking the lagoon of World Showcase Bridge.

Culinary Demonstrations daily in front of the KitchenAid kitchen and outdoor living area at The Terrace will be a lively engaging format to learn about grilling and other secrets of the trade from Walt Disney World and visiting Celebrity Chefs. This alfresco-like setting located between Morocco and France features complimentary wine seminars, a retail wine shop, wine tasting bar and Artisans Among The Arbors

New ! Pumpkins & Gourds Galore!

Cruise through The Land greenhouses to join in our first-ever Celebration of Fall Harvest! Explore our pumpkin patches and marvel at trellises covered with an abundance of exotic and edible gourds and melons. You'll see dipper gourds over four feet long, forty-pound Asian wax gourds, and plants laden with snake gourds and caveman's clubs! Discover how this bountiful harvest is used around the globe. Embark on the Living With The Land boat ride to see it all. (Daily)

Open Greenhouse at The Land!

Back by Guest Request! Explore the greenhouses at your leisure! Get a close-up view of the pumpkins, gourds, and other food plants and their unique growing systems, take photos, and get all your questions answered by Epcot scientists. (November 2-3, 1:00-3:00pm)

Junior Chef Program "Making Nestle Toll House Cookies" experience at The Land pavilion in Future World for youngsters 4-10.

Specialty Dining Experiences

"Party for the Senses : Eat, Drink and Celebrate" Replacing the festival's Grand Tasting this year is a hip, new food and wine event in the World Showplace between the United Kingdom and Canada pavilions with 16 eminent chefs and over 50 wines;

6:00-9:00 p.m. Saturdays, includes VIP seating for Eat to the Beat! Concert Series prior to the event and viewing for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth to conclude the evening; $79 per person plus tax (gratuity included) Epcot admission required.

Party for the Senses will feature a special offer for our Guests and pin enthusiasts. For this very special event, there will be six (6) pins offered one for each of the senses (taste, touch, hear, sight and smell) and a pin with the Party logo. These pins are exclusive to this event and are only available for purchase during the five parties throughout the 7th Annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival.

"Vertical Wine Tastings" Wine aficionados can taste at least 10 vintages from stellar producers and hear VIP wine speakers at Ariel’s at Disney's Beach Club Resort, 2:00-3:30 p.m. Saturdays; $125 per person, includes tax (gratuity not applicable). Package pricing available for Guests booking all 5 events at $550 per person before September 1 (This is a 15% savings over individual bookings)

Saturday, October 19 A Vintage Showcase of Bertani Amarone

Saturday, October 26 Top Ten Vintages of Beringer Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

Saturday, November 2 A Retrospective of Burgundy's Clos des Tart

Saturday, November 9 A Vintage Showcase of Bordeaux's Cantenac-Brown

Saturday, November 16 Far Niente's Ten Cellar Selections

WEB SITE: DISNEYWORLD.COM/FOOD

-Rob

DisneyCP2000

Don't know, but I bet it will all be GOOD! :slurp:

I was there in fall 2000, and I swear...I couldn't make it around world showcase. I would only get as far as Italy (starting in Mexico) and be full! I had to do Canada to American Adventure another day.

What ever happened to Bud World and Kedall Jackson? It seems like there's new wine and beer sponsors now.

The Mom

Premium Member
Food, Wine, Beer, and 60s MoTown!!! I am there!! :sohappy: (except for Chubby and the 5th Demension...but I can still do the Twist and still like Jimmy Webb ;) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom