Food and Wine Festival

Burgstressera

Can you guys tell me about the Food and Wine Festival?

What's it like?
Is Epcot very crowded because of it?
Are there certain things we should do or be sure to see while it's going on?

I am going to WDW September 30th - October 10th. I booked the trip not knowing that the Food and Wine Festival would be going on while we are there - so it could be an added bonus or perhaps a curse....

I know nothing about it and obviously have never been there during it before.

Any tips, insight, or thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :wave:

Dj Corona

Well, basically all the countries that are in the World Showcase, (and many that aren't) have stands with several different sample sized foods to try, as well as beer and wine from that country as well. There are a few special events that go on as well, and bands play at the concert hall in front of American Adventure.
**It's a great way to get Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada without having to go Le Cellier!**

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

The Festival is very crowded on the weekends, but is very managable during the week. There are indeed special events that go on, but they require reservations ahead of time, and many are probably already sold out.

The Cheddar Cheese soup at Canada is pretty good. I love the crab cakes at the US, and my daughter loves just about everything at the China booth, and my wife loves the lamb at the Australia booth.

I will try to find the website that lists the special events.

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

It's a great event. We actually plan our vacation so we can attend, along with MNSSHP. There's kiosks all around World Showcase with food samplings and some sort of wine or beer. Most samplings are $3 - $4.50. It takes us 2 days to hit all the kiosks and "eat our way around the World". We get too full by Japan ...:lol:

Here's a link off Allears that shows the samples and prices from last year.

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw05/fw05c.htm

We're going 9/26 - 10/6 so will be there for it.

Have a great time!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Ansem

It was extremely crowded the last time I went, but I believe I went on the weekend, so it's very possible that it was just the fri-sun crowds. Despite being lost in a vast sea of party-goers with just enough space between people to wiggle your way around epcot, it was a spectacular event! I had a blast, and the sights, smells, and excitement were top-notch! I myself don't care too much for large crowds, but I coudn't help but feel right at home...And even if you don't, there's always some freshly grilled delicacy within arm's reach to keep you company, and lift your spirits. :lol:

Upvote 0

Burgstressera

Original Poster
Thank you all so much!

Now I'm really getting excited to go!

My husband and I are always looking for a little something different to do when we go, so I think the Food and Wine Festival may be just what we're looking for...

I figured with all that food and wine - it couldn't be a bad thing! I'm especially excited about the champagne... Between that and those Pina Coolata's at Poly I might be sauced most of the trip! :lol:

Thanks again for the insight. Looking forward to another fabulous Disney Vacation.

Upvote 0

GoofyDad45

If I recall they will be posting the events soon as well. It should list when the acts are playing and which wineries/events will be happening. Also something to think about is they have special dining events during the Festival which are great. Keep looking!

Upvote 0

DolFan

Every year I go to WDW during the first week of October. Last year as far as I can remember it did not seem more crowded than usual. Make sure you try the soup at Canada's booth.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

This year will be our 6`th straight. Weekends do get a bit crowded. Try Party for the Senses, we really enjoyed it.(Score a table in front of the stage for the best view of LaNouba performers)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom