Food and Wine Festival - Special Dinners?

Erik

We will be heading to WDW Nov 6-13 and are excited about the Food and Wine festival (never been there this time of year before).

I have heard about some 5 course dinners with wine pairings that are put on at various restaurants during this time (Citricos, California Grill, etc.) - anyone ever been to these? Is it worth the cost? Any experiences to share?

We have been to these restarurants before, but not for these special events.

Thanks for your help!

BriJul

I was just going to ask a similar question. We just got a flyer in the mail telling us we are going to be in Disney during the festival...Nov 13 through 20...and never knew anything about it.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

It is great. They have kiosks with small samplers of different food and drinks from each country that runs you from $1 to $4. We had some very good wine and desserts that way. The beer tasting and wine tasting events appeared very popular. I definitely know you will enjoy being there at that time of year. :)

Upvote 0

Erik

Original Poster
I just called the regular dining reservations line - they told me to call 407-WDW-FEST on July 20 - that is when they will have information on the 5 course dinners and will begin to accept reservations. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Stitch79

Just a heads up, last year the signature or reserve dinners ran at around $125/person. I'm really tempted to try them, but I just can't justify that much on one meal and per person!

Upvote 0

Nicole

One tip - don't schedule dinners for every night! We did that last year, and so didn't dare sample all the offerings from the various booths. Next time I go during the F&W I'm not going to make any dinner plans for our Epcot days!

Upvote 0

Stitch's Cousin

This year will be my 5th Epcot Food & Wine Fest - if you like good food and drink as much as my husband and I do, I'm sure that you'll be happy to be there for it this year! So far, we've enjoyed the free seminars/samplings, $1-5 food booth samplings and "regular" meals at Citricos, Artist Point, CG, etc. so much that we've never made arrangements for the 5- or 6-course F&W festival dinners. From the info that I've seen so far, there are alot more festival offerings this year - ranging in price from $35 to $185. So if you decide not to attend one of the more formal dinners, there are other festival events that still offer a special Disney dining experience. The website quoted by Scottsman above (wdwinfo) is the best for 2004 F&WF info that I've seen so far. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Number_6

Any chance of finding haggis in the UK area during the festival? I know it sounds insane, but I want to try it at least once, just so I can say I have. Besides, I'm of Scottish decent, so I might as well give it a go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom