Food and Wine Festival favorites

Tinkstreasures

Original Poster
Hey everyone, Im a long time reader but new joiner of the site. I am leaving in 15 days for Disney and the Food and Wine Festival. I wanted to see what peoples favorite things to do at the festival are and what not to miss. Any ideas would be appreciated. As this is my first thread hope it is in the right place.:animwink:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We've been going to the F&W festival for about 8 years now, and had only attended the wine seminars until last year, when we went to our first food demonstration. The long lines for the food demos had turned me off previously.

Here are some of my favorites:

My absolute favorite is the Durban Chicken from South Africa. If it is done right, it is so spicy it will blow the top of your head off (one year I was disappointed, it was very mild)

If you like seafood, you must try New Zealand's Marinated Seafood Salad.

I am very much looking forward to Spain's Chilled Tomato & Garlic Soup, a few years ago they had a delicious Gazpacho, and I am hoping it will be the same or similar.

Last year I got my nerve up and finally tried Escargot at France, and they were very tasty. I am planning on having them again this year.

I really enjoy trying things that I would not have the opportunity to try otherwise, such as the offerings from Morocco (liked the beef, did not care for the chicken). I refuse to buy the baked ziti or pizza in Italy--I can get those any day of the week!!

Have a great time, it seems as though we will be there at the same time, look out for my giant WDWMAGIC button and say hello!! :wave:

Sloan

perhaps too late

I've been a festival regular for at least five years or so now. Its an excellent event, and I think you will enjoy going, but if you're just now making the plans, its likely too late for the best events.

Many of the special meals and events are 'hard-ticket', and often sell out the day that they are made available (usually late August).

There are many 'walk-up' events that you will still be able to enjoy, and you can always 'graze' at the sample-size booths that offer small portions for $2-5.

You can also go see the Eat to the Beat concert series outside of the American pavillion - as I recall, they usually start around 5:30 or so - no extra charge.

I went to the Food & Wine Festival on the first day. The crowd was MASSIVE! However, the lines moved pretty quickly but a lot of the lines spilled out onto the walkways so you had to walk around otherwise straight routes. I didn't try any of the wine but I was impressed with all of the food I tried and I would recommend trying ANY food from the Tutto Italia booth.

fillerup

Do not waste your time and money at Italy. The ziti was the most miserable tasting, overpriced pasta I've ever eaten. This booth used to be the annual great bargain of the festival, but this year is awful.

To compare, two of the very tasty tenderloin over cheese polenta and two glasses of wine at the San Fran booth were $11. Two zitis and just one glass of wine at Italy was $14.25.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom