Fondest or Funniest WDW Memory

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Have a great or funny memory of your visits? Post them here. I can remember going to the Mickey Luau at the Poly and my mother ordering me a kids meal (pb & j, cookie, etc) because I wouldn't eat the ribs. Mind you I was like 11 ("grown up") and I felt so stupid but it makes me laugh.

crazygirley

The one thing that popped into my head first was when we (my mom, dad and I) were on the TTA. We each got in a seperate car, and during the ride, my mom tossed us candy back and forth, nearly missing a few times!

MichRX7

Premium Member
Well, there are too many to post them all here once, but the first one that stuck out as funny didn't start out that way.

Back in the 'ole ticket-book days, my brother and I conned my Dad into letting us ride with the monorail operator. Of course two minutes after getting off the monorail I realized I had no ticket-book (I was about 8 at the time). My Dad was fuming as it hadn't been a great morning already (he spilled hot coffee all over himself on the way there). The driver was contacted and found my ticket book and brought it all the way around, but we had to wait for him to make the entire trip.

One of my Uncle's took the microphone for my Dad's Super-8 camera (yes, I'm in my 30's now, lol) and tried to act like a reporter to make my Dad laugh. It didn't work until we got to the end of Main Street and my Uncle stood next to something one of the horse's had left behind and told my Dad he would stand there with the mic and when someone stepped off the curb into it, looked down and exclaimed "$h!t!" he would look at them and say, "We have a winner in the name that stuff contest!".

At this point my Dad was laughing so hard he let go of my hand and told me to get away from him before he changed his mind and that I'd better be back at 2 pm in this very spot to meet everyone for lunch. My brother grabbed my shoulder and drug me out of there so fast I think I still have the mark.

egionet

One of my fondest memories is of my brother's 2nd birthday at the Hoop-Dee-Doo. He thought the whole show was the greatest thing he had ever seen. At that time, they used to give cakes to the guests that had a birthday, as well as sing happy birthday. So my brother was so excited that he got his own cake. The rest of the trip he proceeded to sing "Hoop-e-doo, hoop-e-doo, sing happy birthday to me, bring cake!" It was the cutest thing I had ever seen!

The other fond memory is of my little cousin when she was a year old. She saw Chip, ran up to him, and hugged him. She refused to let him go for a good 5 minutes. 10 years later, Chip is still her favorite character to this day.

Merlin

Account Suspended
I went to WDW a week before a co-worker one year. I went around the entire resort and hid little notes for her in various places. Then I left her a voicemail with some clues about where the notes would be. It was fun when she got back from HER trip and she told me how many of the notes she was able to find.

One of the notes was hidden in Ice Station Cool. It said, "Drink the Beverly. It's delicious!!" She said that was one of the notes that she found and that she and all her friends fell for it. One of her friends looked at her and said, "Your friend who told us to drink this stuff is an idiot!"

PeeplMoovr

I have tons of fond memories as a child, and now as a "grown up". But here' s the best one:
Mine happened on a trip I took with my then-girlfriend to WDW. She had only been to WDW once as a child, and didn't really know much about it at all outside of the Magic Kingdom. She probably would've never gone again if it wasn't for me. I, on the other hand, had practically grown up there, and everytime I go there it feels like I'm going back home.
After some convincing, I got her to take a trip to the World with me. A few days after arriving, while we were walking through one of the parks, she said to me in an innocent voice: "I love Disney World". Well, that did it for me.
She's now my wife. :)

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
peeplmoovr that is such a cute story. I took my then boyfriend in Dec of 2001 and he really didn't wanna go cause he thought it was gonna be for kids. After we got back he was already planning a 2 week trip back for him and myself. Unlike your story we are not together anymore, but it was still a fun trip. Plus I love pulling ppl into the magic.

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by PeeplMoovr
A few days after arriving, while we were walking through one of the parks, she said to me in an innocent voice: "I love Disney World". Well, that did it for me.
She's now my wife. :)

Your story has some similarities to mine: My first vacation with my wife (then girlfriend) was in 1997 and she pushed to go to WDW. She admitted to me awhile later that the reason she chose to go there was because she "couldn't see herself spending the rest of her life with a man who didn't love WDW" as much as she.

I guess I passed. :D

Now the fondest memory I have is seeing my son's reaction the first time he saw the MK in person. Magical........

SpongeScott

Mine happened two years ago on the TTA. Our family was getting into the car when the kids wanted to know if they could ride in their own compartment. Not a problem, that gives the wife and me our own space for a few minutes. Well, not only did they get their own compartment, but they got a completely different car. When the cars separated and theirs took off, their faces :eek: were priceless. Seeing me remain calm and waving goodbye to them, they then laughed and waved through the rest of the trip, thinking it was the funniest thing that we had separated.

Just proves it doesn't take a lot on a Disney trip to have a funny, happy moment.

sillyspook13

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Mine happened two years ago on the TTA. Our family was getting into the car when the kids wanted to know if they could ride in their own compartment. Not a problem, that gives the wife and me our own space for a few minutes. Well, not only did they get their own compartment, but they got a completely different car. When the cars separated and theirs took off, their faces :eek: were priceless. Seeing me remain calm and waving goodbye to them, they then laughed and waved through the rest of the trip, thinking it was the funniest thing that we had separated.

Just proves it doesn't take a lot on a Disney trip to have a funny, happy moment.
LOL! I did that with one of my friends once...... She sat in the back of one car and I sat in the front of the next one. We waved and goofed off whenever we were within sight of each other. Then she would go speeding away again!:p

Pippa

I have a funny, well gross memory really. In 1998 when in the pre-show for Lion King at the MK a lady in front of us broke wind extremely loud and about 20 seconds later extremely smelly!!! It was foul at the time but now makes me laugh!

barnum42

Originally posted by Pippa
I have a funny, well gross memory really. In 1998 when in the pre-show for Lion King at the MK a lady in front of us broke wind extremely loud and about 20 seconds later extremely smelly!!! It was foul at the time but now makes me laugh!

Trust us British to lower the tone of the whole thread!

disnyfan89

Originally posted by SpongeScott

I play that prank all the time!! :lol: I did it with my sister once and I thought she was going to kill me!!!! :lol: The one time I did it to my parents they where in front of me so when we went into a dark area I ducked down so that they couldnt see me and I stayed like that untill the end of the ride!!:lol:

ImSweetPea

This is kinda ewwwyy.. I was about 5 (now 23) .. we were eating at a Chinese place in the Polynesian. (not sure of the name) anyway.. At the time they had something called the Gold Card.. Not sure if that is the name....well.. anyway.. it was the kinda things that you can eat all you want at any restaurant. And this place was kinda busy so we had to wait.. and I was not feeling so good.. and as soon as she called our names to sit... ewww I threw up allllll over the place.. my ever so caring Mom took me into the bathroom.. and cleaned me all up...We then go into the place to eat.. and my mom Says she will have.... And I am thinking I WILL HAVE NOTHING... I felt so sick.... but the thing was it was free... So my mom thought well why not order for her.. someone will eat it!!! Many not so funny... but its something I will always remember.

DisneyDew

The funniest thing has happened that I will never forget is that one night while watching Illuminations I stood on one of those concrete benches surrounding a big bamboo grove. I had my arm inside this bamboo to maintain my balance and I felt something very warm all over my arm halfway through the show. I thought a sprinkler had gone off or something like that. After the show when we got to a lighted area I found out a bird had "pooped" all over my arm. And by the amount of it I thought it must have been a 200 lb. pelican getting even for me, and the fireworks disturbing him.

Needless to say, I had my own area on the tram to the parking lot . Ahh.... those fond Disney memories:D

kennyj29

So many memories it's hard to pick

I think the one that made me feel so good was when my DH, DS and DD (all adults) went for 12 nights by ourselves. We always go with other people but this time we decided to go alone. We did so many different things that trip and with everyone being able to pay for themselves, it was a great trip. We finally got to stay at the Polynesian, we got the food plan, we did the 7 hr. Discovery Magic Tour, went to Cirque de Solei, did other parks in the area that we had never done before. It was like a trip from heaven!!! While on the tour the leader (Tony) asked what our favorite memory of Disney was. My adult daughter said that this particular trip with just the four of us was her ultimate favorite trip. She said our best memories of growing up were always something to do with Disney but she had never had so much fun as she did with the four of us. I will never forget that as it brought tears to my eyes!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom