Flying Southwest Airlines

FrogFrog

We are flying SW Airlines on a direct flight from Jackson, MS to Orlando. Some friends of mine have told me stories about not being able to sit with their families because of the seating structure SW uses. If my wife does not get to sit by me, she is not going to be a happy camper to start our trip! :(

Can anyone shed some light on what we need to do to insure that we are able to get seats beside each other? Thanks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have flown SW a few times, and never had an issue b/c I had a baby in tow, and they typically let families with children board first. I agree with sveral of the other posters. Check in 24 hours in advance to ensure you get either A or B boarding and you should be fine.

**NOTE** This process has changed and families now board between the A and B group. You no longer get to board first because you have a child.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Has any one Flown From Las Vegas I cant seem to see if its a connecting flight?

Southwest generally has multiple stops. If you are flying from Vegas and your ticket says for instance ABQ/2, then you have a connecting flight in Albequerque and then two stops. The stops are touch downs and take offs and you will not have time to get off the plane and reboard. They are simply picking up passengers. If it states NS, then its a non stop flight.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Really?? That makes sense, but like I said I haven't flown on SW in years. Thanks for the heads up!

My pleasure. Also, if you are taking a stroller, be sure to check with the SW attendant at the gate prior to the flight arriving to pick you up to get a tag filled out and on the stroller. They are fairly picky about having that done way ahead of time so they dont have to do it just before putting it in the storage bay below.

Upvote 0

FrogFrog

Original Poster
Just did the 24-hour prior check-in through Southwest.com and got into Boarding Group A.

Printed both boarding passes for me and the wife. Is this all that I do? Just go to the correct terminal and wait for them to start loading?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Just did the 24-hour prior check-in through Southwest.com and got into Boarding Group A.

Printed both boarding passes for me and the wife. Is this all that I do? Just go to the correct terminal and wait for them to start loading?

If you need to check any luggage, you'll have to do that when you get there, either at the ticket counter or at curbside checkin.

The boarding pass and your license will get you through the security checkpoint. Then you just go to the gate and wait to be called to line up.

Also make sure to double-check the departure monitors for your gate number when you get to the airport. Even if a gate number was printed on your boarding pass, they quite often will change on the day of the flight.

-Rob

Upvote 0

phenom1307

Have you flown them lately?
The past 6 or 8 flights that we've taken with them have been bookedfull or even overbooked. I love Southwest though.

The last time I flew SW was in January. So its been a little while so I guess it could of changed. I fly out of Indianapolis so that could make a difference but even when I've flown back from MCO the plane was no where near filled.

Upvote 0

AliceinWhoville

Lovely southwest, when we flew back from our honeymoon my husband sat 10 rows ahead of me, while I was squeezed between 2 big guys way in the back.. Lovely system they had. lol This was in 2000.

Make sure everyone calls or you call for everyone or do it online right at the 24 hr mark before your trip. You want to be in A group or B group you'll have your chance to sit together

Upvote 0

mperry

Redbelly to MCO

I fly SWA from Jackson Evers International (KJAN) to Orlando International (KMCO) everytime I go to WDW last three consecutive years and would not fly anyone else to Orlando. The last SWA flight which was June 26th, 2011 was packed but all was well checked in 24 hours before flight and got A group.
I would the flight had around 20 people on the way to WDW by all the magical express tags on the bags that were on the ramp waiting to be loaded. The flight came from MCO - JAN and back to MCO.
I would say the best way to WDW from Ms. Is the direct flight from JAN can't beat it.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I checked in at exactly 6 AM this morning for my flight tomorrow. No issues at all.

I got A32 for the first flight and A49 for the connecting flight. Not too shabby.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom