Flying Fast on Dumbo

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does anyone on here know the approximate speed that you are spinning on Dumbo at Magic Kingdom?

Going to Google Earth Pro, I measure the radius of Dumbo to be 26'. That puts the circumference at 163.36'.

Going to YouTube videos, I measure that a Dumbo vehicle makes a revolution in 13 secs. So, that's 12.566'/sec.

That's 8.6 mph / 13.8 kph.

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

It always seems as if Astro Orbiter goes faster. Maybe it is because you are higher in the first place. But yeah, 9mph isn't fast, but it isn't a turtle's pace either on that small of a circle.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Going to Google Earth Pro, I measure the radius of Dumbo to be 26'. The puts the circumference at 163.36'.

Going to YouTube videos, I measure that a Dumbo vehicle makes a revolution in 13 secs. So, that's 12.566'/sec.

That's 8.6 mph / 13.8 kph.
When you kid says he/she will never use math as an adult, we now have a great example of how useful it is!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How fast is Astro Orbiter? I am genuinely scared on that right, the only one at WDW I feel that way.

Going to Google Earth Pro, I measure the radius of Astro Orbiter to be 21'. That puts the circumference at 131.95'.

Going to YouTube videos, I measure that a Astro Orbiter vehicle makes a revolution in 6.3 secs. So, that's 20.94'/sec.

That's 14.2 mph / 23 kph.

That's pulling .65 Gs.

So, yes, it's faster and more thrilling, and not just because of height.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

Going to Google Earth Pro, I measure the radius of Astro Orbiter to be 21'. That puts the circumference at 131.95'.

Going to YouTube videos, I measure that a Astro Orbiter vehicle makes a revolution in 6.3 secs. So, that's 20.94'/sec.

That's 14.2 mph / 23 kph.

That's pulling .65 Gs.

So, yes, it's faster and more thrilling, and not just because of height.
Theory confirmed, thank you!!

Cmdr_Crimson

LOL! The difference for me is I can do math, but I'm just extremely lazy! All I do is math at my job.
1515866048466.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom