Flying a Drone at a WDW Resort

KBLovedDisney

do-you-want-5cm8lz.jpg

Well..you might not get banned per say, but I wouldn't chance it.

Last edited:

PG 134

Drone use is not permitted at parks, Springs, or resorts. Drone use can possibly result in law enforcement being called by Security. Failure to put drone away after warning can result in eviction and/or trespass.

correcaminos

It's interesting, I can't actually find any rules regarding the hotels whatsoever. Even firearms.
Really?

Disney Resort Hotels – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
Are Guests permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons in Disney Resort hotels or Disney Vacation Club Resorts?

A.
No. Guests are not permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons of any kind at or in Disney Resort Hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts, including in hotel rooms, units, vacation home villas and general public areas within the hotels and resorts.

pretty darn clearly written...

CaptainAmerica

Really?

Disney Resort Hotels – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
Are Guests permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons in Disney Resort hotels or Disney Vacation Club Resorts?

A.
No. Guests are not permitted to have firearms, ammunition or weapons of any kind at or in Disney Resort Hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts, including in hotel rooms, units, vacation home villas and general public areas within the hotels and resorts.

pretty darn clearly written...
I understand that, but it shouldn't be in the FAQ. FAQ puts the onus on the guest to seek out that information rather than Disney sticking it in front of their faces so they can't miss it. There should be a clear "these are the rules at all Disney resorts" page similar to the "these are the rules at all Disney parks" page.

correcaminos

I understand that, but it shouldn't be in the FAQ. FAQ puts the onus on the guest to seek out that information rather than Disney sticking it in front of their faces so they can't miss it. There should be a clear "these are the rules at all Disney resorts" page similar to the "these are the rules at all Disney parks" page.
Agree to disagree. That's exactly the point of FAQs - so you know what to expect. If you (generic you) cannot be bothered to read, then it's on you if you get in trouble.

s8film40

What I'd like to know is why would anybody want to bring a drone into a huge tourist attraction, surely knowing with common sense that it more than likely wouldn't be allowed since drones are to the point of almost being outlawed since nobody wants them around and have come up with all kinds of laws to prevent them from flying in a lot of areas. Makes me think the OP's son is up to something and it might not be good...and yes I said that. What is wrong with people today? "Generation X" or whatever your name is, NO THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED. Everybody who has posted is right on target about that. Hopefully you got the message.
The primary purpose of drones is to use them as cameras. So are you really asking why someone would want to bring a certain type of camera to a tourist destination. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to get some great photos or videos of a trip to WDW. And kudos to the OP for doing the right thing and researching first rather than just flying first and ask questions later.

Also just to reiterate drones are allowed over much of the WDW resort with the exceptions being the no fly zone at the north of the property, amusement parks and Disney doesn’t want you operating them from their property. So if you follow the rules you can still do it, it’s just probably not worth the hassle for a typical tourist trying to enjoy their vacation.

There also is not an outright ban on drones at the resorts as many tourists buy them while vacationing or may be visiting other locations during their stay where they want to use them. They won’t say anything unless you start flying it.

GenerationX

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the advice, guys, I knew I could count on you. I told him at the outset the parks were off-limits, and I've steered him away from Pop, too. I'm now thinking we'll go to a public park in Celebration on his birthday (a non-Braves game day) and let him fly it there.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Fly a drone at WDW, be prepared to receive a yellow piece of paper. I would suggest your son leave the drone at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom