Flower & Garden food booths?

mbtohill

Original Poster
Just read the following on allears with regards to Flower & Garden festival this year

Festival-themed flavors: Guests will discover culinary creations and refreshing libations at multiple festival-themed food and beverage locations. Chefs are tweaking the menu to include backyard barbecue and a variety of garden-inspired and global tastes. Around the World Showcase promenade

Love the idea that Flower & Garden may be becoming a little Food & Winesque...anyone know any more about this news??

luv

I hate this idea. I LOVE Flower & Garden, but I hate F&W.

I pray that they do not serve alcohol. I am fine with avoiding Epcot through the fall, but I WANT to go in the spring...I want to go very, very much.

I don't want the drunks ruining F&G. I love it so much.

rufio

I LOVE this idea! Sorry, @luv ;) I've never made it to F&W and I would love new food options during spring break next year!

luv

I LOVE this idea! Sorry, @luv ;) I've never made it to F&W and I would love new food options during spring break next year!
I don't like the idea of food booths, even if they are "garden inspired foods"...but I can live with them. I guess. If I have no choice.

It's the drunks. I don't want the drunks at F&G.

You are not required to agree with me about anything, lol. Still luv ya!

rufio

I don't like the idea of food booths, even if they are "garden inspired foods"...but I can live with them. I guess. If I have no choice.

It's the drunks. I don't want the drunks at F&G.

You are not required to agree with me about anything, lol. Still luv ya!

I dislike drunks also, though I have never encountered any at the World (yet).

Frank Rizzo

I was at the F/W this year for the first time and the drunks were all over the place. That and the lines for the food booths lay right in the middle of the path through the countries. Really got annoying sometimes, especially on the last day of the festival. We tried enjoying our travel home day at Epcot as we were at the Dolphin but I have never seen a slower moving more insanely crowded Disney park in my life. We had to escape the madness and just rest for a couple hours in the hotel lobby instead. So the idea of more food stands and probably alcoholic beverages being sold isn't very much music to the ears.

mbtohill

Original Poster
I'm not sure but my guess is the Flower & Garden version will be on a much smaller scale than Food & Wine. I can't see all 29 food booths being used for F & G. I like the idea of having a few new offerings to choose from while walking around.

As for drunks, I agree 100% with Tip Top, people get drunk at Epcot all year, and to be honest I've never had an awful experience dealing with or even having my kids witness drunks, but that's a topic for another post

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom