Florida Toll Roads

Mainahman

HEy all, First time driving. We will be driving down to WDW here in just over a month. Does anyone know if there is a calculator or know what the average cost of the tolls are on the Florida turnpike? After we get through alabama, enter florida, and get really close we merge on to the florida turnpike. I wasnt sure what the costs per average was.

Thanks!

correcaminos

HEy all, First time driving. We will be driving down to WDW here in just over a month. Does anyone know if there is a calculator or know what the average cost of the tolls are on the Florida turnpike? After we get through alabama, enter florida, and get really close we merge on to the florida turnpike. I wasnt sure what the costs per average was.

Thanks!
http://www.floridasturnpike.com/TollCalc/index.htm

:)

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
the route were taking is I65 from Southern Middle TN, through Alabama to route 231 which will take us to I10 in Florida towards Tallahassee, then to I75. Looks like we merge to the turnpike around Coleman FL? Which we then follow until we hit Daniel Webster parkway, which is also a toll road, and follow that till we hit western way on our way to POP!.

Upvote 0

DisAl

We also take Webster Parkway (Hwy 429) and go in on Western Way rather than getting on I-4. Unless they have changed it since our last trip the exit at Western Way is one of the unmanned toll booths where you will need exact change.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
i prefer exact change, and have rolled quarters and dimes etc, was just curious how much etc, i tried the calculators a and it looks like between 5 and 8 bucks one way, which isnt too too bad.

Upvote 0

WDWBusDriver

Does the sunpass cost money?

or

Free to enroll
Unfortunately, the SunPass is $20 to purchase a pass that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle (other passes are permanent but are cheaper), then you go online to activate it. However, it will be unusable until 6am the following morning.

SunPasses are sold in Vending Machines at the Welcome Center Rest Stops along the border of Georgia/Florida.

Upvote 0

21stamps

This is my suggestion as well. Put about $10 on one and you're set to breeze on through the toll plazas without stopping

They can definitely get backed up at times in non sun pass lines. Also, I’m not sure if Central Florida has “SunPass Only Exit Ramps”.. but there is a ton of them in SoFla.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Unfortunately, the SunPass is $20 to purchase a pass that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle (other passes are permanent but are cheaper), then you go online to activate it. However, it will be unusable until 6am the following morning.

SunPasses are sold in Vending Machines at the Welcome Center Rest Stops along the border of Georgia/Florida.
So really not worth it to save money on the tolls unless you are going to be able to go 3 or 4 times per year

Upvote 0

21stamps

I think the basic one is $5, can’t go from car to car, but is fine for one person. No activation fee with the card, I used mine the same day.. definitely didn’t wait til 6am.

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

SunPass is sold online, so you can order one before your trip. The SunPass Mini cannot be transferee between vehicles but is only $5.

Even if you wait until you get to Florida before buying, the delay in activation until 6:00 AM is for lanes that are not SunPass / E Pass Only. I believe the exit from FL-429 has an E Pass Only lane.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom