Florida Resident Tickets and Magic Bands

Ember

Original Poster
My in-laws are joining us on our trip in May. They booked their resort (PORS) through Expedia and the three day Florida Resident tickets through Disney. Will they be able to get magic bands? I tried to link their expedia reservation to mde, but it says it can't be found, does anyone know what I need to do to get it into the system? Their tickets are being mailed at which point I assume I can enter the numbers into the system? I want to be able to make their fp+ at the same time we do ours.

Tom

Beta Return
I believe you will need to contact Expedia and get the actual Disney reservation number, which they will have in their system. You will need a Disney Resort reservation number to link it to your MDE account. And yes, you will also need your tickets, so you can enter their serial numbers into MDE as well.

Ember

Original Poster
I believe you will need to contact Expedia and get the actual Disney reservation number, which they will have in their system. You will need a Disney Resort reservation number to link it to your MDE account. And yes, you will also need your tickets, so you can enter their serial numbers into MDE as well.
Thank you!! This is why I love this site. Everyone was freaking out, but I said let me go ask on my disney forum and I bet they know what we need to do!

Rob562

And if for some reason you're delayed in getting both pieces of information for them, you can make your own FP+ reservations and then copy them over to their profiles once they're all settled.

-Rob

JohnD

Although you may not yet have your tickets in hand, you should have been e-mailed "e-certificates" from DisneyDestinations. You can add those serial numbers to your MDE account now. Like you, my parents have 3-day FR Discover Disney tix. I have already linked the e-certificates to MDE and will start making FP+ reservations for our April trip next week (see below -- we first bought 3-day "regular" FR tix from AAA then had the original tix cancelled and bought the much cheaper Discover Disney tickets instead). As for resort, I took advantage of an Orbitz deal over Veterans Day weekend and had the same issue. I contacted Disney and they were able to add the actual reservation number to my MDE account.
Tickets.jpg

Ember

Original Poster
Although you may not yet have your tickets in hand, you should have been e-mailed "e-certificates" from DisneyDestinations. You can add those serial numbers to your MDE account now. Like you, my parents have 3-day FR Discover Disney tix. I have already linked the e-certificates to MDE and will start making FP+ reservations for our April trip next week (see below -- we first bought 3-day "regular" FR tix from AAA then had the original tix cancelled and bought the much cheaper Discover Disney tickets instead). As for resort, I took advantage of an Orbitz deal over Veterans Day weekend and had the same issue. I contacted Disney and they were able to add the actual reservation number to my MDE account. View attachment 44587
Awesome. I will look into that. Thank you for your help!

Ember

Original Poster
Although you may not yet have your tickets in hand, you should have been e-mailed "e-certificates" from DisneyDestinations. You can add those serial numbers to your MDE account now. Like you, my parents have 3-day FR Discover Disney tix. I have already linked the e-certificates to MDE and will start making FP+ reservations for our April trip next week (see below -- we first bought 3-day "regular" FR tix from AAA then had the original tix cancelled and bought the much cheaper Discover Disney tickets instead). As for resort, I took advantage of an Orbitz deal over Veterans Day weekend and had the same issue. I contacted Disney and they were able to add the actual reservation number to my MDE account. View attachment 44587
Ok so I was able to link their certificates to our account, but there is no option to order them magic bands? Will they get magic bands when they get their "tickets" from will-call and does this affect making FP+ reservations for them?

Rob562

Ok so I was able to link their certificates to our account, but there is no option to order them magic bands? Will they get magic bands when they get their "tickets" from will-call and does this affect making FP+ reservations for them?

Magic Bands are a function of the hotel reservation. So once you get the actual Disney reservation number from Expedia and get it linked to MDE, you'll eventually get access to being able to customize your Bands. (May not be right away, you may not get access until closer to the trip)

-Rob

JohnD

Magic Bands are a function of the hotel reservation. So once you get the actual Disney reservation number from Expedia and get it linked to MDE, you'll eventually get access to being able to customize your Bands. (May not be right away, you may not get access until closer to the trip)

-Rob

Yep. Rob beat me to it. Next you log in your reservation number into MDE. In the case of my trip, the option for customizing MBs came up almost immediately after our resort reservations were booked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom