Florida man charged with attacking Disney World guard at DinoLand U.S.A.

TrainsOfDisney

I bought a pack of Planters salted peanuts, with labeling warning it may contain peanuts.
We've gone to the point of manufacturers assuming everyone is an idiot.
That’s a warning that helps people with allergies from death. It’s easier to make one warning that is the same on all products despite the name.

Giss Neric

For the young, we have to deal with drug addicts.
For the old, we have to deal with Karens and Kevins.

Is LSD or magic mushrooms still a thing nowadays among the youth. I know someone who took this years ago and the hallucinating effects are dangerous.

Goofyernmost

I bought a pack of Planters salted peanuts, with labeling warning it may contain peanuts.
And they would not be far from the truth. Although a lot of that labeling came from the fact that people were playing stupid to obtain financial gain from suing companies for not letting them know that something that is obvious to the rest of the world has escaped them. It is the legal need that companies have to cover their butts that brings on that idiocy and why we can't have nice things anymore.

TrainsOfDisney

And they would not be far from the truth. Although a lot of that labeling came from the fact that people were playing stupid to obtain financial gain from suing companies for not letting them know that something that is obvious to the rest of the world has escaped them. It is the legal need that companies have to cover their butts that brings on that idiocy and why we can't have nice things anymore.
It’s a law that helps people not die. It costs companies nothing to add the words “contains: xyz” and yet people still complain? Amazing.

Tom Morrow

Florida Man strikes again.
“Florida Man” is mostly a myth perpetuated by confirmation bias driven by the media. What really happens is:

1. Florida’s Sunshine Laws allow for all arrest records to be public and searchable.
2. The media began seeking out the weirdest news they could find from Florida’s public records. This snowballed into the Florida Man meme.
3. Ad the meme picked up, media outlets began searching even harder to search through Florida arrest records or any weird Florida news they can find, because they know it’s an easy way to drive shares/clicks/views.

Beyond that, most of the stories are a reflection of some unfortunate truths: Florida has a severe drug, homeless, and mental health problem.

Pay attention to the way the media represents weird/crazy news from other states vs Florida. If it happens elsewhere, the location is usually not in the headline. If it happens in Florida, you can bet “Florida” is in the headline.

Thanks for coming to my TOMTalk

Cesar R M

I think you're not seeing the REAL problem there.
A product that sells PEANUTS that has a warning that the product MAY have peanuts? That sounds like they might not be using real peanuts :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom