News Florida Blue lounge opens in EPCOT'S Norway Pavilion as part of the Food and Wine Festival

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_43852.jpg

aladdin2007

temporary or not, its just sad how the pavilion has been reduced to 0% Norwegian, except for some outdoor architecture. Piece by piece its been turned inside out in the opposite direction except for what it was meant to be when it use to be a full experience. Yes the cast is not available and all of that but they could have opened akershus as a lounge to everyone instead of a select few. Everything has been downgraded so much.

JohnD

temporary or not, its just sad how the pavilion has been reduced to 0% Norwegian, except for some outdoor architecture. Piece by piece its been turned inside out in the opposite direction except for what it was meant to be when it use to be a full experience. Yes the cast is not available and all of that but they could have opened akershus as a lounge to everyone instead of a select few. Everything has been downgraded so much.

Except, it seems that "those in the know" can print out a pass directly to be presented for entry. Now, whether they ask for other credentials as proof, who knows?

JohnD

Taking a restaurant and turning it into a lounge only open to specific guests is not a good look for Disney.

This is almost as bad as closing the movie in Canada to use as a food service location.

Um, they've done this with the Chase Visa lounge above American Adventure so it's not unprecedented. Sure, lots of people have the Disney Visa but not everyone.

peter11435

Taking a restaurant and turning it into a lounge only open to specific guests is not a good look for Disney.

This is almost as bad as closing the movie in Canada to use as a food service location.
It’s not like they closed the restaurant to do this. The restaurant was already closed and would not be opening regardless of this lounge. They chose to use this space because it was going to be unused for the duration of the festival.

castlecake2.0

It’s not like they closed the restaurant to do this. The restaurant was already closed and would not be opening regardless of this lounge. They chose to use this space because it was going to be unused for the duration of the festival.
They could have just kept it open for all guests as a relaxation station. Orrrrr they could have made this the Apple orchard. Norway has apples. And it would have had the added bonus of being attached to a full service kitchen and not have closed an attraction.

UNCgolf

Right -- my issue is that they turned it into something only open to specific guests instead of letting it be a location for all guests to eat and/or relax while the restaurant is closed.

peter11435

Yep, which was a good move. They should have done the same with Akershus (or used it as an actual Food & Wine location instead of Canada Far and Wide, as @castlecake2.0 mentioned above).
But like with the chase partnership they obviously felt they needed a venue for the sponsorship deal. With AA now club 33 and WOL now unusable, I don’t think it’s out of line to utilize a closed restaurant space.

UNCgolf

But like with the chase partnership they obviously felt they needed a venue for the sponsorship deal. With AA now club 33 and WOL now unusable, I don’t think it’s out of line to utilize a closed restaurant space.

I say they should have used the Odyssey space -- the EPCOT Experience has been operating for almost two years (or maybe longer than two years?) and unless they've changed it since I was last there, it's something you go in and watch once and then there's nothing else to do. Considering several of the original featured items have been either delayed or indefinitely postponed (if not outright cancelled), it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose anymore.

I understand that would be a much larger undertaking if this was a short notice type of thing, though.

NearTheEars

Except, it seems that "those in the know" can print out a pass directly to be presented for entry. Now, whether they ask for other credentials as proof, who knows?
Sorry if it is a dumb question, but what credentials are you supposed to have to have the pass in the first place? Employee? Or just a person insured by Florida Blue?

EDIT: NVM. My reading comprehension skills lacked while reading the article. I blame photos interrupting the copy over and over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom