Floating avatar down??!!!

Freshee61

Original Poster
I’m on flight of passage and the floating avatar is cover up with office props… does anyone know what happened and or why?
Sorry if duplicate.

disneylandtour

I, too, think it's highly likely that we'll see some minor changes here to tie the land in with the new movie series. Avatar 2 and 3 were, at one time, two halves of the same story. Honestly Avatar as a film property doesn't interest me much. Maybe this story line has now extended beyond 2 and 3. I know that there are more movies. A total of five films now, right? But I don't know if those films all present one continuous ongoing story or not. Anyway, I don't know if the floater is part of a franchise update, but I do think there will be small touches here and there as we get closer to December.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
My thoughts on Avatar/Disney and good rides. Ive never seen Avatar not do i have any desire nor has my daughter. Have no intention on seeing the sequel either but with that being said FoP is such a great ride it doesnt matter imo bc people just want good rides to enjoy and appreciate. This is why i said if they do the same w Coco its really not lazy its just a company capitalizing on a product they created that was really good…

JMcMahonEsq

My thoughts on Avatar/Disney and good rides. Ive never seen Avatar not do i have any desire nor has my daughter. Have no intention on seeing the sequel either but with that being said FoP is such a great ride it doesnt matter imo bc people just want good rides to enjoy and appreciate. This is why i said if they do the same w Coco its really not lazy its just a company capitalizing on a product they created that was really good…
I have always wondered to myself how long I would wait in line or pay in LL cost for a FoP type flight based on the Trench Run Against the first Death Star, and the answer is a hell of a lot!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I have always wondered to myself how long I would wait in line or pay in LL cost for a FoP type flight based on the Trench Run Against the first Death Star, and the answer is a hell of a lot!
How many trackless rides do we have now. Noone has any issues but if we get another FoP type ride we are gonna call the company lazy?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Disney has franchises with sequels and prequels unmentioned in parks attractions. Some had sequels after attraction introduction, like Frozen Ever After. Others were even built after a sequel/prequels. One example is Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid. Sometimes even when it seems easy to include references they decide to not make changes and stick to the original film only. The Frozen singalong show at Hollywood Studios is an example.

My point is only to not expect anything different just because there's a sequel, at least not expect anything more than a meet and greet and food and bev.

DisneyCane

Disney has franchises with sequels and prequels unmentioned in parks attractions. Some had sequels after attraction introduction, like Frozen Ever After. Others were even built after a sequel/prequels. One example is Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid. Sometimes even when it seems easy to include references they decide to not make changes and stick to the original film only. The Frozen singalong show at Hollywood Studios is an example.

My point is only to not expect anything different just because there's a sequel, at least not expect anything more than a meet and greet and food and bev.
There's nothing about FoP that needs any update for a sequel anyway. The story of the current ride doesn't have much to do with the first movie anyway outside of the concept of linking to an Avatar. In essence you are just taking a joy ride around Pandora on a banshee. The story concept is essentially Soarin' on a fictional planet. However, the execution of the ride takes the idea of Soarin' to another level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom