Flip belt or Running Buddy to avoid bag lines...

TBrooker11

Well for one, I have to agree plenty of damage could be done on a Monorail, on the ferry, on a tram, or at Disney Springs and that is all before the Bag Check and Metal Detectors. I am not sure how they could ever prevent something from happening in those places simply because it would be near impossible to do so. It would be like metal detecting everyone that went into a mall or a restaurant. I do think eventually everyone should be going through the metal detectors. The NFL, NBA, MLB, most major concert venues and Universal all do it to everyone so I am not sure why Disney wouldn't be able to. I get that it would slow the line down, but don't forget that the NFL can get 65,000+ people in through those metal detectors or wands pretty quickly. I would feel much safer than it being a random picking.

As for what they will make you go through Bag Check with, they made my friend go through with a Popcorn Bucket so I am assuming most things would be sent through there now.

I would say the bag lines are not as bad as anyone thinks there are. I went through one the other day in about 3 minutes. Waiting on line at the metal detectors took longer than Bag Check did.

Disneyfreak Jen

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies! I always seem to get stuck behind a group of people that have bags that have so much crap in them that it takes forever to get through the line. :banghead:

My other reason was that my family member, who I *hope* can go, cannot wear a backpack anymore due to cancer surgery and lymph node removal, so that's how I got thinking of the Flip Belt since it will totally avoid the shoulder areas, and possibly the bag line altogether. I'm 238 days out, can't wait!!! :)

CaptainShortty

Trying to plan ahead for my next trip and not take a bag in, the lines for the bag check can be long. The Flip Belt looks like it will be undetectable under clothes as long as I don't overload it or put my phone in there, and I like that one better than the Running Buddy.

Anyone use one, and if so, did they make you stand in the bag line for it even though it's not a bag?

I use my SPI Belt in the parks sometimes and I still go through the bag check line Although it is small and probably undetectable it technically is still a bag and should be searched.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom