Flik's Fun Fair to Offer Bug's Perspective

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Flik's Fun Fair to Offer Bug's Perspective
August 2, 2002

ANAHEIM, CA (Disneyland Resort Line) -- Opening this fall in Disney's California Adventure, A Bug's Land will offer Guests a closer look into the world of bugs, as seen through the eyes of Flik, the inventive ant behind the creation of It's Tough to be a Bug!.

Aiming to give humans a true appreciation of the life of insects, Flik's Fun Fair will be a part of this new district and will show things from a bug's perspective, everything from everyday objects being used in different ways to giant, 24-foot-high clovers.

Guests will enter Flik's Fun Fair through a fallen cereal box, and immediately, find normal household items being used in new, unexpected ways.

To the right is Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, starring the ever-hungry caterpillar as he takes Guests on a tour of his favorite things, from a watermelon-rind tunnel past a box of animal crackers to a half-eaten carrot, all while narrating in his jovial German accent.

Further on, Guests will encounter the Hungarian acrobat pill bugs, Tuck and Roll, as they perform under P.T. Flea's big top, a discarded umbrella, at Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies. Guests can drive buggies, shaped like the dynamic duo, while hearing commentary in their thickly accented dialect.

Francis, the ladybug with a chip on his shoulder, gives Guests a lesson in ladybug boogie while they traverse a figure-eight shaped course on the back of a ladybug at Francis' Ladybug Boogie. In the center of the fair, Princess Dot Puddle Park will give the bug-sized humans a watery respite at an oversized water spigot and sprinkler.

And in honor of the fair's creator, Flik's Flyers take Guests on a spin in one of eight hot-air balloons, made of stitched together leaves, with the baskets fashioned of discarded containers.

Merlin

Account Suspended
WOW! And this concept has SO MUCH to do with the California theme!! I guess they don't have bugs in any other state.

Jerm

WOW

O.K. detail is a big thing in FFF for sure. Sure the rides might just be cheap things but it looks great. I actually can't wiat to visit it jsut to see everything.

J

ToTBellHop

Re: WOW

Originally posted by Jerm
O.K. detail is a big thing in FFF for sure. Sure the rides might just be cheap things but it looks great. I actually can't wiat to visit it jsut to see everything.

J

That's what I was thinking, too. Disney seems to have done quite a bit of work theming this area...it has a campy/Animal Kingdom-y feeling to it, which I like:) (if you look at the walking paths and such, you'll see what I mean)

ToTBellHop

Re: Re: Re: WOW

Originally posted by CHAPPS

Meaning "bug footprints" and stuff? Cool!

I would assume they have those, but they also have the kinda narrow, winding AK-style paths...plus it's a very green area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom