Flights of Wonder show going dark for 1 month, Oct 5-Nov 5 2015

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Flights Of Wonder will be closed from Oct 5 to Nov 5, reopening on the 6th of November 2015.
This info was posted to Disney's refurbishment schedule as of this afternoon. Dates as always are subject to change or cancellation.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Arrrgggggg!!! Thanks for the info. This is one of me and DH's must dos every time we are in AK every trip, and we will be there 10/13-10/26. That and the railroad will be out. The railroad was out last year too but Flights of Wonder has never been closed ever while we have been there, so I guess it had to happen sometime. Lol.
Our fave time is early-mid December and our next trip will be then again after this Octobers trip, and I find that time of year has the least things closed for refurbs etc. Oh well I'll catch FOW and the railroad our next trip after this one on Dec 2017. :(

Jon81uk

Arrrgggggg!!! Thanks for the info. This is one of me and DH's must dos every time we are in AK every trip, and we will be there 10/13-10/26. That and the railroad will be out. The railroad was out last year too but Flights of Wonder has never been closed ever while we have been there, so I guess it had to happen sometime. Lol.
Our fave time is early-mid December and our next trip will be then again after this Octobers trip, and I find that time of year has the least things closed for refurbs etc. Oh well I'll catch FOW and the railroad our next trip after this one on Dec 2017. :(

There is another bird show in front of the tree of life https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/winged-encounters/ will that still be taking place?

ABQ

I love this show, but hopefully this is to work in some new acts. Hasn't been much change in the last few years.
Though I agree, I also assume it's very, very, very hard to train some of the cast, those with wings, so I can see why it hasn't changed either. I look forward to seeing it every visit.

ABQ

Hope they just replace the existing fabric with new fabric, hate to see it go to something rigid and less organic in feel.

JohnD

Wouldn't be surprised if they "net in" the entire audience area. When I saw it last Frasier Crane got spooked and flew off. But on with the show! At least it will be re-opened by the time I arrive several days later.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I was at a show a couple of weeks ago when they were flying the Harris Hawk over the crowd and suddenly two rats (that normally come out later, after the host says that the rat problem is behind them) came out too early. The hawk went right for them, but he missed and the rats made it to the other side and got back inside just in time. Then I saw a show last week and they skipped the whole rat segment. So they may need to fix the rat cage/door also.

French Quarter

Looks like it's just a roof repair but it would be cool if the show itself made a few changes just to keep it interesting. I love FoW but I can say the whole thing line for line at this point.

Incomudro

This is such a great show.
We skipped it perhaps two trips in a row, believing it wasn't going to be worth it.
Big mistake.
I should have known better.
This is a must see.

ABQ

This is such a great show.
We skipped it perhaps two trips in a row, believing it wasn't going to be worth it.
Big mistake.
I should have known better.
This is a must see.
It's funny, I bet you're not the only one, and a similar statements was made by many on this forum regarding the FotLK when that was being moved to its new theatre, yet so many claim the AK is just a half day park. And perhaps to some it is, but I wonder how many of those folks are not taking in everything it offers due to a predisposition to assume this or that attraction wouldn't be worth their time?
Not saying you, @Incomudro specifically, just bouncing off your post.

Incomudro

It's funny, I bet you're not the only one, and a similar statements was made by many on this forum regarding the FotLK when that was being moved to its new theatre, yet so many claim the AK is just a half day park. And perhaps to some it is, but I wonder how many of those folks are not taking in everything it offers due to a predisposition to assume this or that attraction wouldn't be worth their time?
Not saying you, @Incomudro specifically, just bouncing off your post.

For sure.
I love AK, and with Pandora coming and Rivers of Light am about to love it more.
Perhaps AK is a 1/2 day park, though I'm not sure how that is defined or if it matters.
I guess it's a day park - though that'll change in the coming years.
But my family loves what's in AK, and it's probably my favorite park when it comes to theming.

plutofan15

Was picked this past January to come up on stage when the owl flies right towards you. Very cool, brushed right past my head when he flew onto his perch. An overlooked show not to be missed.
owl1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom