Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom closing for refurbishment Jan 2016

RSoxNo1

They're really good at closing things on time... o_O
March 3, 2016: WDWMagic.com has confirmed that the refurbishment dates were changed to August 8 - November 18th.

February 23, 2016: TheDibb.Co.UK is reporting that the refurbishment dates for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad have changed to August 8 - November 18th.

January 26, 2016: .com is reporting that the explosion upgrade is expected in the upcoming refurbishment.

December 14, 2015: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that Walt Disney World is supposed to see upgrades to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but did not confirm that it would be done in the upcoming refurbishment.

August 5, 2015: WDWMagic,com user lnsemsf has reported that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment from April 4, 2016 - July 15, 2016.

February 13, 2015: WDWMagic.com user lnsemsf has reported that the refurbishment has been moved to April 27-30, 2015.

December 2, 2014: WDWMagic.com has reported that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will close for refurbishment from March 4-7, 2015. Details of the refurbishment are currently unknown.

Rider

Two shows today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 153

Rider

One more picture of the roof. It's clearly still being worked on, there are still scrims up on the sides and the cast members are calling these shows "open during refurbishment ".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 177

djkidkaz

That looks awful hopefully they put the cloth or rugs back up underneath the new roof to hide it. The exterior also looks weird to me, hopefully there is more theming to come.

hpyhnt 1000

That looks awful hopefully they put the cloth or rugs back up underneath the new roof to hide it. The exterior also looks weird to me, hopefully there is more theming to come.

Not personally disagreeing with you, but I'm willing to bet 95% of people who see the shows with the theater like this don't think there is anything wrong with it (i.e., not themed).

ABQ

Curious if the facade has been completed on this. Plenty of videos out there of people walking through the parks and snapping shots of empty seating along the river bank and the new construction at Flame Tree, but has this work finished yet?

JohnWD

Curious if the facade has been completed on this. Plenty of videos out there of people walking through the parks and snapping shots of empty seating along the river bank and the new construction at Flame Tree, but has this work finished yet?
We saw the show yesterday and the facade is not complete. No impact on our enjoyment though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom