Flight of Passage

Ghostdog

I too suffer from motion sickness, my teenage kids were worried when I said I wanted to ride FoP last July. I told them that I’ll try anything once and that I was going all in with the experience. I relaxed and didn’t fight the motion (the ride does sway a bit). I even enjoyed the diving motion of the banshee...it was AWESOME! This is the best ride I’ve ever been on and can’t wait to ride it again when DH and I go back this year for our anniversary trip. I hope your daughter enjoys this ride, I think it’ll be one she talks about for a long time.

LeighM

I am not prone to motion sickness . The first time I rode FOP I was seconds away from loosing it on the first drop simulation .
The ride does a awesome job on making you feel like you are flying . Now I ride with no problem but that first time with that first drop simulation was VERY intense .

The first time I rode FoP, that first drop triggered my vertigo. If I was expecting it then it wouldn't have been so bad. But that drop did feel very intense!

docdebbi

obviously, I don't know how your child will fare, but I will tell you how ours did.

My oldest grandson is very much on the autism spectrum. Cannot do soarin', splash mountain, test track, roller coasters, even tea cups. He gets dizzy on "spinny rides" and has a fear of heights and speed and noise. oh- and crowds.

We showed him many many videos with point of view of FoP before we went so he knew visually what it would look like. We showed him pictures of the actual theater. When we got there, we let him sit on the model outside to see if he felt safe and secure. He knew that the floor only moves up and down a few feet and that the floor would never drop out from under him.

He felt safe enough to try it. We held his hand and arm and shoulder while waiting on the vehicle and when the ride first started. Within the first 2 minutes of the ride beginning, we could let go. He was in love!!! He knew he wasn't moving much and he could see the floor beneath him.

Did it twice that trip, would have done it a lot more if the bloody line wasn't so long. He still raves about it.

KaliSplash

While FOP is a much more realistic flight simulator than Star Tours it is not nearly as rough. There are three levels of ride vehicles with three groups of sixteen vehicles on each level.
Each group of sixteen is in a separate "room". The vehicles are mounted on a platform which can move up or down about three or four feet which gives you the sensation (along with the very realistic projection on the screen) of diving or climbing. Each vehicle moves left or right (less than I foot I think) which gives the sensation of turning and banking along with the rise or fall of the platform. Once the back restraint comes up you are well secured and don't move around on the vehicle itself at all. It is a little weird feeling the thing "breath" though.
My wife usually doesn't care for motion simulator rides either but she rode FOP with me TWICE.
If your daughter gets uneasy on the ride I don't suggest closing her eyes, just tell her to LOOK AT YOU. She will see she is really moving a short distance in any direction and she should feel really secure on the ride vehicle. You can't fall off and you don't have the feeling you are "hanging out on the edge" like you do on Soarin'.
FYI there are a number of videos of the ride on YouTube.
what this guy said

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom