Flight of passage

eb3257

Original Poster
For those of you that have enjoyed flight of passage already, do you think a five year old is too young for it? (They just meet the height requirement). I am assuming yes they are too young for it but wanted to get some feedback.

My fast pass window opens soon and I am debating whether we should plan on all four of us or if my husband and I should do rider switch. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If they meet the height requirement, they're fine to ride. It's a fun ride.

I would let the child decide if they want to try it. I wouldn't force a child to ride, but if they're willing to try, it won't hurt them and it's pretty cool.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I agree with getting the fast pass, then you can make a final decision later. I don't think that it would be a scary ride at all for children, it is a sight seeing type of ride. Although on that sight seeing ride you are doing the "flying" on the banshee. I would say any thrills are done in a fun type of manner. Although if your child get scared on rides you might rethink it. Has your child done Star Tours or Soarin? If they have and were okay with those, they should be okay with FOP.

Lou Filerman

For those of you that have enjoyed flight of passage already, do you think a five year old is too young for it? (They just meet the height requirement). I am assuming yes they are too young for it but wanted to get some feedback.

My fast pass window opens soon and I am debating whether we should plan on all four of us or if my husband and I should do rider switch. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
Does the child like Soarin? It's the same ride essentially except you are restrained in your seat.

floridagirl57

I rode FOP recently and there were several younger children (5-8 age range) riding it and they loved it. I think its totally fine for a 5 year old, but every kid is different :)

eb3257

Original Poster
I keep hearing how amazing the ride is so if we are lucky enough to get fast passes I am going to go for it. (I just wanted to verify it wasn't scary or too intense). Thanks for the help everyone:)

Michael Bender

We took my daughter in June for her fifth birthday. She did OK with the ride, the drops scared her a little, and she din't want to ride again. The big thing is the glasses. They are not made to stay of their smaller faces. I had the banshee next to her and found myself holding the glasses on her head the whole time.

Maddie Terwilliger

If the child isn't afraid of heights, I think it is fine!
However, I am a very small human being and have small bone structure and the 3D glasses were almost falling off my face, I had to keep readjusting them during the ride and I am 17 years old LOL. So I would be careful about the glasses but it would be fun for them!

OliveMcFly

How is the seating for older guests? Do you really have to swing your leg up and over to get on? How are you strapped in?
Are you angled down where it might aggravate someone's back?

DisneyJoe

How is the seating for older guests? Do you really have to swing your leg up and over to get on? How are you strapped in?
Are you angled down where it might aggravate someone's back?
You can stand behind it and walk on, that is how I do it.

Once you are on, move your body as far forward as possible, then the back restraint will come up properly.

A panel comes up from behind to secure your back with gentle pressure. You calves are secured to keep your legs in place.

I don't believe it would hurt your back.

OliveMcFly

You can stand behind it and walk on, that is how I do it.

Once you are on, move your body as far forward as possible, then the back restraint will come up properly.

A panel comes up from behind to secure your back with gentle pressure. You calves are secured to keep your legs in place.

I don't believe it would hurt your back.
Great! A seat back was my main concern. Thank you!

AmandaS.

We just got back and we had two 5 year olds who rode it. Both loved it and could not stop talking about how it is their favorite ride now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom