Flight now arrives at 9 am

mdcpr

My flight to Orlando was going to arrive at 11 am the day before Thanksgiving. My plan was to *maybe* hit Epcot that afternoon for dinner because we were going to take it slow. Just got an alert that I'll be arriving at 9 am, so that changes my plans for my arrival day.

Questions:
- When would I be arriving at Wilderness Lodge with this morning arrival?
- Which park should I hit the first day? Going to the pool is not an option because the kids will be in Disney mode and wide awake.
- At what time should I start my touring plan for the day?

Thank you!

Tuvalu

If you have no travel delays, you should arrive at WL between 10:30-11:00 assuming you are using Disney’s Magical Express.

I highly suggest you do online check in and note an arrival time of 10 am, as rooms are assigned 5 days out and your room may be ready when you get to WL (ours was last month.) If room is not ready, you can store your stuff with Bell Services.

MK is the closest park to WL and could be a good choice if your kids are in Disney mode. You could be there easily by noon, grab a quick lunch and start FPs at 1 pm.

If you have hopper tickets you could ride the monorail from MK to Epcot and still keep your original plan of having dinner there.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
If you have no travel delays, you should arrive at WL between 10:30-11:00 assuming you are using Disney’s Magical Express.

I highly suggest you do online check in and note an arrival time of 10 am, as rooms are assigned 5 days out and your room may be ready when you get to WL (ours was last month.) If room is not ready, you can store your stuff with Bell Services.

MK is the closest park to WL and could be a good choice if your kids are in Disney mode. You could be there easily by noon, grab a quick lunch and start FPs at 1 pm.

If you have hopper tickets you could ride the monorail from MK to Epcot and still keep your original plan of having dinner there.
These are great ideas!! Thank you!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We always start off in MK. Theres nothing better than immediately immersing yourself in the sights, sounds, smells of Main Street and getting your first glimpse of the Castle. The majority of WDW guests target MK as their first park to visit. It has that unique feel of "Disney" than the others. A great way to start the kids off on your trip.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
I might do that. I'm thinking that we can go to MK, grab lunch there, take in Main St, and do low key stuff, I.e Liberty Cruise, Tom Cruise Island. Maybe we can do some rides with relatively short wait lines, i.e. Dumbo, Under the Sea, then hit Epcot later that day for Frozen and dinner. Thank you!!!!! This flight change was a blessing in disguise.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Honestly its a bit hard to give an exact amount of time here.
I've noticed that if all goes smoothly and swiftly I can expect to be at my resort 70-90 minutes after arriving at the gate.
That's just when I go with adults though.

I'd probably grab lunch at the resort and start my park day around 1pm.

I guess I'm not sure why your park choice would change. If you planned to go to Epcot then that's what I'd do.

I rarely go to a park on arrival or departure day as I'd feel rushed to get good use out of my tickets.

Instead I'd go to DS and explore the resort.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Last time I arrived at MCO around 9am and took DME, I got to my hotel between 10-10:15am. I made sure my online check in info also reflected this to boost my odds of my room being ready. All of our FPs were later afternoon and I'm always nervous about ADRs too close to arrival, so I remember going to the Brown Derby lounge for lunch. Beyond that...if you're planning on a park on arrival day, I'd just go with whatever park speaks to you for kicking off those first day magical vibes and structure any touring for later in the afternoon to allow for the possibility of delays.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
Last time I arrived at MCO around 9am and took DME, I got to my hotel between 10-10:15am. I made sure my online check in info also reflected this to boost my odds of my room being ready. All of our FPs were later afternoon and I'm always nervous about ADRs too close to arrival, so I remember going to the Brown Derby lounge for lunch. Beyond that...if you're planning on a park on arrival day, I'd just go with whatever park speaks to you for kicking off those first day magical vibes and structure any touring for later in the afternoon to allow for the possibility of delays.
I have one dinner ADR planned, but nothing too special that can't be cancelled. I'm thinking now of going to MK and walk around and do some shopping. Hopefully I can schedule one FP to see Frozen at Epcot, and play it low key.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I might do that. I'm thinking that we can go to MK, grab lunch there, take in Main St, and do low key stuff, I.e Liberty Cruise, Tom Cruise Island. Maybe we can do some rides with relatively short wait lines, i.e. Dumbo, Under the Sea, then hit Epcot later that day for Frozen and dinner. Thank you!!!!! This flight change was a blessing in disguise.
Any time you can arrive earlier and that buys you more time in Disney is a win-win.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
No confusion - I simply assumed your DEPARTURE time moved back by the same two hours.

Even so you don't know where the OP is coming from or what her original departure time was.
I arrive at 9:20am in a few weeks and I depart at 6:50am from my home airport. That's only a 2.5 hour flight. Even if it changed to 2 hours earlier It would not mean I'm now departing at 2:45am lol.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Even so you don't know where the OP is coming from or what her original departure time was.
I arrive at 9:20am in a few weeks and I depart at 6:50am from my home airport. That's only a 2.5 hour flight. Even if it changed to 2 hours earlier It would not mean I'm now departing at 2:45am lol.

Sometimes they just shorten the layover in a connecting airport if it isn't a direct flight.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom