Flight canceled, room reservation question

reptar77

Original Poster
If our flight gets canceled or delayed and we will be a day late arriving at our DVC resort do I need to call the resort? This hasn't happened, I just like to be prepared. Calling Disney for anything right now is a nightmare. We are doing online checkin and will already have a room assigned. I was worried that the room would be reassigned if the door wasn't opened on check in day.

correcaminos

I would call Member Services and see what can be done. I do not belive arrival time will release the room. I know some have come in very late or even reserve a room for overnight if they have a super early arrival time.

nickys

Premium Member
If you’re the DVC member I would call or chat, as soon as you can.
A day late shouldn’t matter though.

The front desk shouldn’t do anything to the reservation. Usually members are told they need to contact MS themselves.

You could also Google the telephone number and call the resort yourself.

correcaminos

If you’re the DVC member I would call or chat, as soon as you can.
A day late shouldn’t matter though.

The front desk shouldn’t do anything to the reservation. Usually members are told they need to contact MS themselves.

You could also Google the telephone number and call the resort yourself.
FYI a lot of the google numbers also go to call centers and not the resort.

nickys

Premium Member
FYI a lot of the google numbers also go to call centers and not the resort.
Yes, but they can pass on a message. So if you quoted your reservation # and said it was important they should respond appropriately.

I do wonder though if the numbers on the website are actual numbers or call centres?

correcaminos

Yes, but they can pass on a message. So if you quoted your reservation # and said it was important they should respond appropriately.

I do wonder though if the numbers on the website are actual numbers or call centres?
Call centers AFAIK. Which is why I wouldn't bother calling vs MS.

nickys

Premium Member
Call centers AFAIK. Which is why I wouldn't bother calling vs MS.
I’d definitely call MS if I could. But if OP is not an owner, or MS is unavailable, a call centre is better than nothing.

Either way I would hope nothing would happen to the reservation.

correcaminos

I’d definitely call MS if I could. But if OP is not an owner, or MS is unavailable, a call centre is better than nothing.

Either way I would hope nothing would happen to the reservation.
Rooms won't be canceled. They haven't in the past at least so I wouldn't worry about a delay. If not an owner I'm honestly not sure what would be best. Call centers have been lousy for DVC IMO lately. I wish we had better options.

To the OP I will say I called MS last week to buy OTUP middle of the day and was only on hold 7 minutes. So at least that is improved.

gavvy

This happened to me a few years ago, I called MS who called the resort and they manually checked me into the room, when I arrived the room was ready and waiting. Obviously I did not get a refund of points for that night as it was my issue. (My pilot went sick 1h before the flight and they could not find a replacement, so picked up a 24h delay)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom