Flickr apparently rolling out print selling features

NowInc

Original Poster
Its appearing on some of our accounts (seems random as to who sees it so far), and no word on how the sales will be divided.

Seems a bit shady that they would enable such a feature without the consent of the photographer. I, for example, sell prints on my own site (with I am sure will be a far better profit margin than what flickr will offer), and in essence this will cause me to compete with...myself? You CAN turn it off by disabling the "snapfish" options on your account, but they are on by default.

Also..their prices are a tad bit....insane:

Attachments

• flickr1.PNG
    flickr1.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 59

fractal

Its appearing on some of our accounts (seems random as to who sees it so far), and no word on how the sales will be divided.

Seems a bit shady that they would enable such a feature without the consent of the photographer. I, for example, sell prints on my own site (with I am sure will be a far better profit margin than what flickr will offer), and in essence this will cause me to compete with...myself? You CAN turn it off by disabling the "snapfish" options on your account, but they are on by default.

Also..their prices are a tad bit....insane:

Are you saying they can sell photos uploaded on flickr without compensating the photographer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom