Flamingo Crossings Housing

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A South Florida Water Management District permit was filed today for the "Flamingo Crossings Housing" project to be located here.

1538413114339.png

1538413174985.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Project is described in the permits as ...

"The proposed project includes the construction of a surface water management system to serve a 1,323 unit multi-family apartment complex on a 60.78 acre site, which includes 4.84 acres of future commercial development."

"Based on a review of the plans provided to us, the proposed development will consist of new 4- story student housing type multi-family buildings with associated sports/recreational courts, community and education centers, swimming pool, and paved driveways, bus/ride share pick-up areas and surface parking lots."

tissandtully

Looking forward to more restaurants being at FC, but not really looking forward to losing our secret hotel spot where we can get $68 a night stays with "fireworks views" with free breakfast.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My daughter is in DCP housing right now. They're actually nice apartments, at least the one she's in is.

Yeah...I’m well aware of all the “fun details” of the programs...all the stuff.

It just seems like an odd move for WDW to authorize building these where they’ll be. They’ll be no closer than Lay, Chatham and the Commons...farther in many cases...and they are burning up land a little.

Odd move all the way around.

peter11435

Yeah...I’m well aware of all the “fun details” of the programs...all the stuff.

It just seems like an odd move for WDW to authorize building these where they’ll be. They’ll be no closer than Lay, Chatham and the Commons...farther in many cases...and they are burning up land a little.

Odd move all the way around.
It’s actually very intelligent placement that will result in several benefits.

The land isn’t really suitable for WDW guest development.

CJR

Hmm, if they relocate the CP there, I wonder if they'll be selling off the existing properties. The value has to be pretty high right now.

It's hard to tell though if the entire CP could be moved over, that looks about the size of one or maybe two of the existing complexes. Could always be general CP expansion since full time wages are rising.

EDIT: Note, danlb_2000's post right above mine. Good point there.

brettf22

Premium Member
Is it possible these apartments would be open to any employees? I'm really surprised Disney hasn't done this already. Low-cost housing, can keep the pay consistent, can still take rent out of paychecks, wouldn't be a terrible idea.
I am also surprised Disney has looked into something similar for other employees. In addition to housing, they could open a series of supermarkets where employees could do all their shopping, and have that bill also taken directly out of their checks. They could even call these supermarkets "The Company Store."

peter11435

I am also surprised Disney has looked into something similar for other employees. In addition to housing, they could open a series of supermarkets where employees could do all their shopping, and have that bill also taken directly out of their checks. They could even call these supermarkets "The Company Store."

Cast Members can purchase a limited selection of produce and groceries at Cast Connection/Property Control.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Cast Members can purchase a limited selection of produce and groceries at Cast Connection/Property Control.
I imagine most everything else comes in huge bulk lots, and it would be terribly inefficient to break them down for individual unit sales.

That said, a chef at the Y&BC showed us a retail package of non-dairy mozzarella cheese they use to accommodate dairy allergies... something like that might be easily laid out for employee purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom