Flamingo Crossing Retail Center

jimbo mack

Will any of the businesses at Crossroads relocate here? When I last visited Perkins crossroads one of the servers said they were bidding for this?

castlecake2.0

Will any of the businesses at Crossroads relocate here? When I last visited Perkins crossroads one of the servers said they were bidding for this?
I was wondering that too. I wonder if Disney reached out to them.

also wondering why flamingo crossing isn’t considered part of lake buena vista? All the addresses I’ve seen so far are for winter park.

maxairmike

also wondering why flamingo crossing isn’t considered part of lake buena vista? All the addresses I’ve seen so far are for winter park.

Because that entire developed area except for possibly the roads will (likely) be de-annexed from Reedy Creek if it hasn't already been. All the other addresses in that part of unincorporated Orange County are for Winter Garden, so that is the likely reason (I assume you meant Garden, not Park).

lazyboy97o

All of the addresses at Walt Disney World are weird. Lake Buena Vista is actually only the area around Lake Buena Vista with most of Walt Disney World being Bay Lake but addresses are shown as Lake Buena Vista.

castlecake2.0

Robbiem

Looking at that map is interesting, I didn’t realize they owned so much land on the other side of bay lake. Thanks for sharing!

I read somewhere that bay lake was to be another hotel area in early plans after the seven seas lagoon plots had been built out. Not sure how true that was but it’s possible as it was way before epcot and the general expansion of the resort across property when magic kingdom was the resort area and the rest of the land was planned for epcot city etc

castlecake2.0

I read somewhere that bay lake was to be another hotel area in early plans after the seven seas lagoon plots had been built out. Not sure how true that was but it’s possible as it was way before epcot and the general expansion of the resort across property when magic kingdom was the resort area and the rest of the land was planned for epcot city etc
That makes total sense. I was wondering the other day if there’s a planned space for a next Disney resort area. I know some land was purchased near MK lately.

lazyboy97o

That makes total sense. I was wondering the other day if there’s a planned space for a next Disney resort area. I know some land was purchased near MK lately.
There’s still the Mediterranean site just north of the Transportation and Ticket Center. Bob Holland, former Vice President of Resort Development, talks about it in the latest episode of the Progress City Radio Hour podcast.

Robbiem

There’s still the Mediterranean site just north of the Transportation and Ticket Center. Bob Holland, former Vice President of Resort Development, talks about it in the latest episode of the Progress City Radio Hour podcast.
Thats a really interesting podcast, thanks for sharing. Bob kills off the ‘site is no good’ myth. I guess its just economics stopping a resort on that pad

he also makes some good points about the difference between designing parks and designing resorts, especially with the current use of IP

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Just don’t see any need/impetus for any new construction anywhere on the horizon.

The whole river country thing seemed so forced...like: “we’ll do this if everything is perfect and revenues continue to fly into the stratosphere...”. They didn’t even flinch when they cancelled that.

But the economy and particularly the Orlando market isn’t due for “perfect”...its overdue for “far less than perfect”.

...still interesting discussion though👍🏻

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 29, 2021. I haven't posted photos of the Flamingo Crossing Retail Center area since construction started because there wasn't much to see until recently. Here is an update. The retail center appears to be coming along much as planned, with a center plaza and retail buildings extending out along the four streets. There is a lot of parking behind the retail buildings, expecting more than just guests from the surrounding hotels and apartments. Note the "dark sky" street lights, which are located everywhere at Walt Disney World.

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3417.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3424.JPG

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What were you expecting? This is not part of “Walt Disney World” This is very much inline with what they did around Little Lake Bryan and the Crossroads decades ago.
This^^^^

If this was located on the patch of land between Epcot and Ft Wilderness then I would be livid. But it is so far off on the Western edge of the property that 99% of the population will not even know it is on Disney Property.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This area along with the construction they are doing on Palm Pkwy past Lake Road (Portillos, White Castle and looks to be a few other places being built) makes me wonder how long until we see some projects expand on Winter Garden Vineland. I could easily see a host of new builds past the Alehouse up to Evermore which is right next to the WDW entrance (Vista Blvd)

JohnD

This^^^^

If this was located on the patch of land between Epcot and Ft Wilderness then I would be livid. But it is so far off on the Western edge of the property that 99% of the population will not even know it is on Disney Property.

Correct. It's on Disney property but not Walt Disney World (at least for purposes of entrance signs, one of which is just a couple of hundred yards to the east).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom