Flamingo Crossing Retail Center

the.dreamfinder

Google suggests Target has been successful placing the small stores in urban areas where large targets wouldn't work. Also near college campuses, hotels and other places where large targets don't work.
We have a number of them in Philadelphia. If I had to describe them, they’re like a CVS/Walgreens with a clothing department and other odds and ends attached to it.

*Q*

The Five Below is also open at Flamingo Crossings, now, too.
Stopped in the other day to pick up a few items and was quite surprised that the prices were less than Publix for most items I was after.
Yeah, in my experience the groceries are much cheaper and also higher quality than at Publix.
Now, does anyone know where to get a bagel around here?
Downtown Winter Garden.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Starbucks is open at Flamingo Crossings.
AFF83C4F-4734-45BA-A77B-60D5EC62647A.jpeg
63A882F5-2F76-425C-B2A7-0DDF4E00C142.jpeg
96B34954-2122-4A88-9C31-3AC2F9F21C45.jpeg

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This area will be a mad house once they open the second complex which I believe is considerably larger than the first. Trying to make a left turn onto 462 entrance ramp from Western Way while people are trying to make a left on to Western Way from the 462 exit is going to cause a tone of accidents the way that intersection is constructed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
This area will be a mad house once they open the second complex which I believe is considerably larger than the first. Trying to make a left turn onto 462 entrance ramp from Western Way while people are trying to make a left on to Western Way from the 462 exit is going to cause a tone of accidents the way that intersection is constructed.
Uh, did you mean 429?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

The complex the CPs are currently in is for the international CPs once they eventually return. The complex they're just finishing up is intended for regular CPs. Traffic shouldn't increase much because international won't have cars.

Piebald

Well, that'll be convenient for those CMs who need second and third jobs!
Man, I'm a member of two groups on FB and they're incredibly depressing.

One group is for people who want to move to Orlando to be near (or work at) Disney. Just a lot of people who arent really doing much research I suppose.

The other is a Disney CM group where just the other day someone was asking where to park their car to live since their rent was going up $500 and they had to live in their car.

The contrast in both is very...stressful I think is the best word I can use.

ImperfectPixie

Man, I'm a member of two groups on FB and they're incredibly depressing.

One group is for people who want to move to Orlando to be near (or work at) Disney. Just a lot of people who arent really doing much research I suppose.

The other is a Disney CM group where just the other day someone was asking where to park their car to live since their rent was going up $500 and they had to live in their car.

The contrast in both is very...stressful I think is the best word I can use.
On what planet is a $500 increase in rent considered reasonable? This is a big part of the problem in America.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Damn! In NJ there are laws to protect renters. Increases must be reasonable, and I can assure you that would not be considered reasonable unless someone was renting something that was in the range of $10k/month or more.
It is pretty much the wild west here in Florida. The house next to mine is a corporately owned rental and they raise the rent $200-$300 a month every year. My house is the same size on a lakefront lot and my mortgage including insurance and property taxes is about $500/month less than what they are currently charging for rent.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Some additional photos from Flamingo Crossing Retail Center. The vehicle barricades have been removed from the four approaches to the retail center of Flamingo Crossing. You are able to drive through the complex. The buildings are closed but completed on the outside. Some buildings have fences around the entrances, but you can still walk the sidewalks.

The Starbucks below is on the north side of Western Way, facing south.

IMG_3565.JPG

Firehouse Subs (not open yet) is a block south of Western Way and facing north. The bushes in the median of Western Way are in the foreground. The elevated pedestrian walkway (orange) over Hartzog Road can be seen on the left of the below photo.

IMG_3567.JPG

The elevated pedestrian walkway is of the same construction as those at Disney Springs, just a different color. This view is over Hartzog Road northbound. This walkway is between Western Way and Disney's cast member apartments.

IMG_3569.JPG

These two towers for another elevated walkway are over Western Way, as viewed from the Starbucks parking lot. The towers contain stairways and an elevator.

IMG_3566.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom