Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

sunshine

Update #2 folks... Refurbishment has been extra-extended and now lasts through May 18th, reopening on May 19th.

Argh. It will now be closed during my upcoming Disney trip. The Flame Tree BBQ chicken salad is one of my favorite meals at Disney... wish they were offering that at a kiosk somewhere in AK during this closure!

Thanks for the update, it helps with my planning!

HRHPrincessAriel

Argh. It will now be closed during my upcoming Disney trip. The Flame Tree BBQ chicken salad is one of my favorite meals at Disney... wish they were offering that at a kiosk somewhere in AK during this closure!

Thanks for the update, it helps with my planning!
Disney food blog says you can get the salad at Trilo-Bites

sunshine

Disney food blog says you can get the salad at Trilo-Bites

Oh my gosh, you are right! I just checked the menu on the DIsney website, and there it is. THANK YOU for this info!

I wonder if it was there when I was at AK in february? I packed my own lunch because there was nothing in the park I really wanted (other than a dole whip). Anyway -- great news, thank you!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
True, but I'd think if you're a contractor working on a project with Disney- you insure under all circumstances that you don't have delays- or they might never use you again.
Id bet they have some of the least amount of delays in the country- at least that's a result of 3rd parties. :)
That use to be the way it worked, but quite a bit has changed since the housing bubble popped in 2008-2009. Prior to the pop you could have just given the job to someone else. Now there is no one else there to fall back on.

Many contractors went out of business within a few years after the pop. To make matters worse, the construction recession lasted so long in Florida that many of the people in the business moved out of state or went on to different lines of work.

Now that things are getting back to normal, Florida is suffering from a labor shortage. Those that survived and remained here have work coming out of their ears and simply can't keep up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Great points. Sometimes I forget there's a whole other economy outside of Texas- where housing never gets affected (good or bad) :)
We got hit really hard when things went south. In 2008 we had around 7 engineers, 1 estimator, an office assistant and 1 guy that simply put out fires.

At its lowest point I was the only guy left for nearly a year.

Cesar R M

That use to be the way it worked, but quite a bit has changed since the housing bubble popped in 2008-2009. Prior to the pop you could have just given the job to someone else. Now there is no one else there to fall back on.

Many contractors went out of business within a few years after the pop. To make matters worse, the construction recession lasted so long in Florida that many of the people in the business moved out of state or went on to different lines of work.

Now that things are getting back to normal, Florida is suffering from a labor shortage. Those that survived and remained here have work coming out of their ears and simply can't keep up.
so.. where do I give my work curriculum vitae?
time to fix florida's carp!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, April 24. A view above the construction fence at the front of Flame Tree Barbecue. Appears to be an extension to the roof into the courtyard.

IMG_5339.JPG

lightguy

Photo update as of Friday, April 24. A view above the construction fence at the front of Flame Tree Barbecue. Appears to be an extension to the roof into the courtyard.

View attachment 90783
We were there Monday (5/18/15) and it looked about the same as the above photo. I didn't here any work going on at the time. It doesn't LOOK like there's that much to do, so early June should be doable unless there's still alot of interior work to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom