FL discount question

SlinkyDog #1

Original Poster
We are headed to MK next week and I am hearing that you cannot get a FL resident discount on park tickets at the gate. Two questions: 1) is this true and 2) we had planned on purchasing our park tickets at the hotel (Contemporary) when we check in the day before; so can I get the FL discount on park tickets at the hotel or do I need to pre-order them?

Thanks for the help!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it is true it is a recent change as I have always been able to get Florida Resident discounted tickets at the gate.

lilo091701

You should be able to get a FL discount where ever you buy your tickets!!! At the resort should me your best bet but you can purchase them at The Disney Store too;)

SlinkyDog #1

Original Poster
FYI - my wife called and Disney informed her that you must pre-order your tickets to get the FL discount; the discount is not available at the gate or the hotel.

I am quite surprised but at least we found out before we left with a party of six!

ftwildcmpr

We were there June 4 -8 and bought our Florida Discount tickets at the ticket sales at Epcot. If it's a change it's a new one.

DisneyJoe

FYI - my wife called and Disney informed her that you must pre-order your tickets to get the FL discount; the discount is not available at the gate or the hotel.

Call again. I almost never take the word of a single CM, especially with something that sounds a little suspicious.

StingraySam

I've never had this problem in the past either! :shrug:

Are you a AAA member?
If so and are concerned about getting tickets you can always get them there before you leave. They also offer a small discount on top of some of the Florida Resident tickets.

SlinkyDog #1

Original Poster
We are pre-ordering the tickets just to be safe but I will definitely ask when we check into the Contemporary. The whole thing sounds strange to me b/c we have always purchased gate tickets at either the hotel or gate.

I will let you know what I find out in about 10 days!

hemloc

You're probably thinking of Universal, if anything. I know they have online only deals for Florida residents right now(One week unlimited admission for $79, but must be bought 2 days in advance, and 2 days/both parks for $71).

JPVonDrake

To Confirm...

The Florida Resident discount on the 1 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket is only available if purchased in advance. The advance price is $63.90 per adult (age 10+) and $54.00 per child (age 3-9). The same ticket at the gate is not discounted, $71.00 per adult (age 10+) and $60.00 per child (age 3-9). You can add the Park Hopper Option or the Water Park Fun and More Option at the gate at a Florida Resident discount.

Florida Resident discount prices on 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 day Magic Your Way Tickets are the same price in advance or at the Gate as are the Seasonal, Annual, and Premium Passes.

Please note, Florida discounted tickets cannot be purchased at any of the Disney Resorts nor can they be activated at a Resort if pre-purchased. In order to validate the discount, all Florida Resident Ticket media must be purchased and or activated at any Theme Park Ticket Window, or at Downtown Disney Guest Relations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom