Fixing the EPCOT Signs (mini series)

Scamp08

Original Poster
Hi there, here is a mini project I am doing for a bit of fun and to give disney some constructive criticism. My feelings on the EPCOT redo are mixed overall but one of the things I like is the new typeface being used on the direction signage.

Many of the EPCOT pavilions still look like they're stuck in the 2000s. The mock-ups, in this thread show how the signage could be fixed with minimal effort to match the new style.

Feel free to the share the images...

Last edited:

Scamp08

Original Poster
Here is the first one, for 'The Land'.

The Land Sign.png

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

The Spaceship Earth Font would also look great with the geodesic sphere's pattern within the lettering. But that would however make it less minimalistic.

MickeyMouse10

I based it off the new signs by camera center and gateway gifts. It would be backlit to light up at night too.

Yep, I could see what you were doing. The font is one of the rare gems of the new Epcot Overhaul. I haven't liked most of it. I wish they didn't get rid of the fountain and the right side of Innoventions. And the front looks too much like a California Community College.

Great job man!

Scamp08

Original Poster
This sign would almost make up for the fact that we could have had Cosmic Rewind replace this ride instead!

Almost.
Yeah I agree, i don’t like the pillar under the ship its looks a bit ugly, covering it up with something would help.

Plus the original energy sign was cool looking. It worked well with the shape of the building.

Last edited:

Earlie the Pearlie

Yeah I agree, i don’t like the pillar under the ship its looks a bit ugly, covering it up with something would help.

Plus the original energy sign was really cool looking. It worked well with the shape of the building.
I think my favorite detail in the park is the planter that mirrored the shape of Horizons that is now outside of mission space.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Hi there, here is a mini project I am doing for a bit of fun and to give disney some constructive criticism. My feelings on the EPCOT redo are mixed overall but one of the things I like is the new typeface being used on the direction signage.

Many of the EPCOT pavilions still look like they're stuck in the 2000s. The mock-ups, in this thread show how the signage could be fixed with minimal effort to match the new style.

Feel free to the share the images...
What a cool idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom