Fixing Epcot's Future World

gonnichi

Original Poster
After hearing about a mystery project for Epcot I was just wondering if any of our insiders here know if there is a master plan to fix all that is wrong with Epcot? If not is it just going to be fixed area by area with no larger overall plan in place ? Just curious about how TDO is moving forward with fixing areas like Imagination ride, ImageWorks second floor, Magic Eye Theater, Wonders of Life building, Odyssey resturant, Ellen's Energy Adventure, etc. I cant wait to see what is going to be happening to Future World in the next Decade. Epcot got Mission space in 2003, Soarin' in 2005, Seas with Nemo and Friends in 2006. Now Epcot got Test Track 2.0 in 2012, mystery project for 2015, I can't wait to see what is coming after that. Epcot's future will hopefully be bright and its attendance will get a big upswing soon.

mousehockey37

I hope a redo of immagination pavilion is coming. Also, i think epcot is starting to lose its "future" look a update to that would be nice. keep UoE its a nice nap.

EPCOT is losing its future look because, well, we're in that future. It's time to go back to recesses of the mind and pull out those "Jetsons"-like ideas!!!

Who knows, maybe Soarin' will get a new video;)

Vader2112

Cool future tech in Innoventions would be nice to see. Unfortunately the relationship with Apple may hinder more than help. Since yesterday it was reported that Apple has nothing on the table in development. Google glass would have been cool to see demoed at EPCOT. Make Future World like the old World's Fair.

gonnichi

Original Poster
EPCOT is losing its future look because, well, we're in that future. It's time to go back to recesses of the mind and pull out those "Jetsons"-like ideas!!!

So I take it from the wink that you know it might be a new Soarin' movie, but you just can't confirm it for us here?

CrazyDisneyFan

I enjoyed soarin for the first time and it was amazing! I would like to see them feature newer footage of DL and DCA it would be nice to see how they look, for people who cant make it out that way.

FettFan

Soarin' Across the World. ;)

Egypt!
giza.jpg

Brazil!
Rio_de_Janeiro5.jpg

Australia!
info-australia-Ayre%2527s+Rocks+in+the+Australian+Outback.jpg

matt9112

well first....everyone on the forum should stop bashing there attempts to update parts of future world...Test Tracks update really brought that ride feel into at the very least the now...not some 1995 GM warehouse. and arguably is a bit futuristic. and than people flame it because it has screens and a bit more cyber feel...because thats not...oh wait.. future? or mission space that still has a bit of a future NASA like feel due to the whole humans going to mars base thing? and the ride system sure as hell was a first...in a theme park....but again thats not good enough...flame that to the ground too...minus the "pretty" entrance.

YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS
1. you cannot pick and choose what you want because of influences from your childhood and than say everything else you don't find sentimental has to go....well you can. you just become a member of this forum.

on a side note i still have faith in Disney....no tinted glasses needed.

FettFan

well first....everyone on the forum should stop bashing there attempts to update parts of future world...Test Tracks update really brought that ride feel into at the very least the now...not some 1995 GM warehouse. and arguably is a bit futuristic. and than people flame it because it has screens and a bit more cyber feel...because thats not...oh wait.. future? or mission space that still has a bit of a future NASA like feel due to the whole humans going to mars base thing? and the ride system sure as hell was a first...in a theme park....but again thats not good enough...flame that to the ground too...minus the "pretty" entrance.

Test Track would be greatly improved if they actually had a human host to it, appearing via hologram instead of the eerie disembodied GPS voices.

Think of Orlando Jones in The Time Machine.

matt9112

Test Track would be greatly improved if they actually had a human host to it, appearing via hologram instead of the eerie disembodied GPS voices.

Think of Orlando Jones in The Time Machine.

Oh I'm sure it would be. My point is that it has gotten better....since my own childhood. I never knew world of motion but its replacement is pretty fun. But I also thing Ellen's adventure really....really.....needs some kind. Of.....zzzzzzz some people claim they want it to stay.....COP syndrome but my god is it boring Disney has a lot of older rides that take up space and some are still worth it however many really need to be rethought. The honey I shrunk the audience show is another example.

MarkTwain

YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS
1. you cannot pick and choose what you want because of influences from your childhood and than say everything else you don't find sentimental has to go....well you can. you just become a member of this forum.

on a side note i still have faith in Disney....no tinted glasses needed.

Great post.

KCheatle

I think they really need to step back and decide what their plan is long-term with future world. With the rate at which technology is developed and becomes "mainstream" nowadays, I feel like Disney will always be fighting a losing battle to stay ahead; it will end up turning into a huge money pit. I think it would have served them better to put Disney Quest in there: it would have met the "future" theme IMO and at the same time, it would have given Epcot some more "rides" to help disperse people away from Soarin' and test track. But, what do you do now I guess?

I love Apple, but apple is not in the business of helping Disney stay ahead with technology. They are in the business of producing technology which the average consumer doesn't need but that they then convince the consumer that they desperately want it (i.e., iPad). I just don't believe a partnership there will suit Disney well long-term. Apple's just too quick to dispense their technological advancements to the public to earn a profit. And, to be candid, I'm not criticizing apple - as a business, earning a profit is their goal and they do a great job at it. I own an iPad, 2 iPhones and will likely purchase an apple desktop in the next few months. But, as a Disney advocate, I don't think a partnership here is a great idea.

gonnichi

Original Poster
I think they really need to step back and decide what their plan is long-term with future world. With the rate at which technology is developed and becomes "mainstream" nowadays, I feel like Disney will always be fighting a losing battle to stay ahead; it will end up turning into a huge money pit. I think it would have served them better to put Disney Quest in there: it would have met the "future" theme IMO and at the same time, it would have given Epcot some more "rides" to help disperse people away from Soarin' and test track. But, what do you do now I guess?

I love Apple, but apple is not in the business of helping Disney stay ahead with technology. They are in the business of producing technology which the average consumer doesn't need but that they then convince the consumer that they desperately want it (i.e., iPad). I just don't believe a partnership there will suit Disney well long-term. Apple's just too quick to dispense their technological advancements to the public to earn a profit. And, to be candid, I'm not criticizing apple - as a business, earning a profit is their goal and they do a great job at it. I own an iPad, 2 iPhones and will likely purchase an apple desktop in the next few months. But, as a Disney advocate, I don't think a partnership here is a great idea.

Ive always thought that putting something like Disney Quest's virtual reality rides into Future World would be great myself. It would give some thrills to Epcot but not by building a roller coaster.

litaljohn

if it really is "future world" shouldn't every attraction still be in construction phase?

if the rides are done an you can go on them it's no longer on the future, it's just "world"
you might as well call world showcase, the world, and future world, world movers. as that at least fits better with the attractions like the land Boeing farming, living seas supposed to be educational on oceans and such, and test track teaching us about corporate marketing and product placement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom