Fix It Felix standup arcade machines heading to the parks

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've found that at least on the iPhone, the arrow keys seem either unresponsive, or my fat thumbs miss the mark quite often. It's fun-ish, and a good nod to classic gaming, but I don't know how addicted I'd be to it in the long run. If the stand-ups are still around in December, I will be plopping a few quarters into it for sure.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yup, it's got the look... just lacks any appealing game play/challenges.
Exactly. It's like one of those playable Google Doodles. It's got the look and feel, and is a throwback for the 3 times you play it, but it doesn't go any deeper than that.

Patricia Melton

Okay, so my son grew up on these games. I remember buying them for him for birthdays, Christmas, and good report cards. I don't know much about video games but I think this movie is going to be a big hit the way Roger Rabbit was.

I heard that Nintendo would not allow Disney to use the Mario Brothers though. They were allowed to use the Mario villains, but not Mario and his brother Luigi. That was a dumb move on Nintendo's part. Reminds me of Mars Candy not allowing M&Ms to be in ET and so Reese's Pieces became the big thing that year since they used that in the movie.

Poor Mario got left out of the movie!

Patricia Melton

My son had this game on his Nintendo when he was young, I think. But I remember it had a godzilla monster in it too. But I remember him playing as the godzilla and smashing the stuff. The whole point was to smash the building. He got bored with the game really quickly and we took it to some place that traded games in. It was the only game he ever traded back in.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My son had this game on his Nintendo when he was young, I think. But I remember it had a godzilla monster in it too. But I remember him playing as the godzilla and smashing the stuff. The whole point was to smash the building. He got bored with the game really quickly and we took it to some place that traded games in. It was the only game he ever traded back in.

You are thinking of Rampage which is basically the oposite game where you have to destroy the buildings instead of fix them.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ha! They say on Route 83..That's Elmhurst Rd in Illinois to us...This also reminds me of the Lotso Huggin bear ads they did for Toy Story 3...

But getting back to the post.. The game is what 80's games were like..They weren't complicated..that's what it's meant to be....They are releasing a Wreck it Ralph game for the Wii,DS & 3DS..Which will be more about the movie but I do hope they will have a playable Fix it Felix game on the different versions. Also wouldn't you'd think they would have had the M&G of the characters in TL's Light & Power arcade but just rename it Litwaks arcade? I mean they are having Ralph & Penelope in the Starcade in DL..But, moving on.. One other thing I do hope they refrence is Tron in that movie...It's an 80's game, it's Disney, Who wouldn't think of it maybe there's a montage where he tries different games and he lands on the grid..lol

awoogala

Now THAT was a game that took a lot of my money as a kid. Who didn't love the old 4 player games? Rampage, Gauntlet ("Wizard needs food badly"), even The Simpsons. This is getting me in a classic gaming mood.
silly. It was "Valkyrie needs food badly" spent All my allowance on that one!;-)

FigmentJedi

Okay, so my son grew up on these games. I remember buying them for him for birthdays, Christmas, and good report cards. I don't know much about video games but I think this movie is going to be a big hit the way Roger Rabbit was.

I heard that Nintendo would not allow Disney to use the Mario Brothers though. They were allowed to use the Mario villains, but not Mario and his brother Luigi. That was a dumb move on Nintendo's part. Reminds me of Mars Candy not allowing M&Ms to be in ET and so Reese's Pieces became the big thing that year since they used that in the movie.

Poor Mario got left out of the movie!
Actually, they weren't able to find a good place for Mario to come into the story without feeling forced. Bowser on the other hand had a very obvious place to go in the form of the Bad-Anon meeting.

Clever Name

Yeah, it is not like 1 out of every 4 smartphones being sold uses android, oh wait...
Apple's iOS is a very distant second to Android. The problem is that Apple's iOS is so sloppy that programs can't be directly ported over to Android. The programs need to be rewritten from scratch. All Apple programs are much bigger (more code) than Android programs. Apple is famous for their bloat. The Apple iOS requires twice the code to do half as much work as compared to Android.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom