Five Strikes Against Magic Kingdom On Thanksgiving Night

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the acknowledgement Fallen Angel. :sohappy: Unless... that was sarcastic... :lookaroun
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Our scars remind us, that the past is real... I tear my heart open, just to feeeeeeel"

No sarcasm....just a well stated point!

kachow

Is there a park of choice for Thanksgiving Day? We were there two years ago over Thanksgiving week and at the MK for Turkey Day itself and I diod not think it was that bad. We plan on going back Thanksgiving 2007. Is one park better than the others for crowds on Turkey Day?

And. . . How does Thanksgiving week compare to Christmas week?

jbj

We were at WDW from Thanksgiving through yesterday (11/29), and we now think Epcot is the worst park to go to on busy days. There are only a few premiere rides, and most are not designed for large numbers of people. Soarin' is a joke. You absolutely have to get there first thing to get a fastpass or you'll reach a point where you just can't get on it unless you're willing to wait an hour and a half. We went over to Soarin' at 11am and the wait was 100 minutes and the earliest fastpass was 6:30pm.

We went to MK the day after Thanksgiving, and while it was definitely busy, because there are so many more attractions, we were never totally shut out of anything, and there are enough fast-loading rides like Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear, that you can fill in the time between fastpasses no problem. We reached a point at Epcot on Thanksgiving that we just had to leave because you couldn't ride anything. We had park-hoppers, so it wasn't a big deal, but it just presented a fundamental problem with Epcot to me - that its rides are not designed for large crowds in terms of load times.

P-3 FE

Having worked in the MK over holidays, I can tell you it is also very stressful for CM trying to ensure that the guests have a magical day. We always did our best and tried to keep the smile going. However, when a guest would come up to you (I used to work the ice cream stand that used to be under the Tomorrowland Skyway) and complain that everything was going wrong, I would pull out a Mickey bar, ask them to have a seat, and enjoy a little magic on Mickey-worked every tiime!!!!
Take care of the CM and they will take care of you!!!
"Remember the Magic":xmas:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Having worked in the MK over holidays, I can tell you it is also very stressful for CM trying to ensure that the guests have a magical day. We always did our best and tried to keep the smile going. However, when a guest would come up to you (I used to work the ice cream stand that used to be under the Tomorrowland Skyway) and complain that everything was going wrong, I would pull out a Mickey bar, ask them to have a seat, and enjoy a little magic on Mickey-worked every tiime!!!!
Take care of the CM and they will take care of you!!!
"Remember the Magic":xmas:

That's an AWESOME idea!!! Hooray to you for keeping the magic alive!! :sohappy:

sandicinderelli

After reading these posts here I can honestly say that this is a management problem 100%.
Speaking as a production manager for over 15 years in automotive manufacturing the symptoms are obvious, poor morale and customer service. In any staff meeting (that I have been a part of) if a Supervisor blames his problems on his employees or the customer for that matter, he is quickly rebuked and shamed. You will never solve the problem that way, it's a lazy way of thinking and the manager isn't managing. Personally, I have found that the workers, who work for me appreciate when I recognize their efforts and respond to their problems and take their side when necessary. The customer appreciates when I bend over backwards to make them happy and work overtime to meet their unreasonable requests. Companies can't rely on good employees to stay or customers to keep coming back soley because. Good managers plan for trouble, prepare and lead.
If these problems were as severe in my company as I read here in this thread, someone in management would be updating his resume and preparing for the ole' heave ho!

So true, so true!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom