five people in a one bedroom villa

The Griswolds

Original Poster
We have five people (2 adults and three children ages 10, 9 and 6). We really want to stay at either wilderness lodge villa or beach club villas in a one bedroom. The occupancy for these is four adults. My question is, will DVC allow us to book it even though we have five? The three kids can share the king bed and we can be out in the family room. My sister spoke with a DVC person yesterday and they said no, but I am wondering if it depends on who you talk to. Anyone have this experience? Thanks!

Pioneer Hall

It's a bit of a secret, but you can have 5 guests in any of the 1BR villas. However, if the villa usually only accommodates 4 they will not provide anything extra for that 5th guest. So you will have kitchen items, towels, linens, etc for 4 people even though you can register the 5th.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Evan hit the nail on the head. We did that just last week for my two parents. two brothers(18+) and myself. One took the sofa cushions and a top sheet to make it up and used a blanket he brought.

fivetexans

We have stayed in one bedroom vacation home at Kidani Village a couple of times with 5 of us.

My wife and I use the King size bed. My two daughters sleep on the pull out sofa. My son sleeps in the pull out chair bed.

Maybe it depends on the resort, but a 1BR at Kidani shows on the papers that it accomodates up to 5 people.

Pioneer Hall

We have stayed in one bedroom vacation home at Kidani Village a couple of times with 5 of us.

My wife and I use the King size bed. My two daughters sleep on the pull out sofa. My son sleeps in the pull out chair bed.

Maybe it depends on the resort, but a 1BR at Kidani shows on the papers that it accomodates up to 5 people.

Some of the resorts do accommodate 5 in a 1br. Kidani, OKW, and Bay Lake are the ones that allow 5 I believe.

mrerk

Premium Member
Some of the resorts do accommodate 5 in a 1br. Kidani, OKW, and Bay Lake are the ones that allow 5 I believe.

I can't speak for Kidani or BLT, but OKW recently added a sleeper chair so it will sleep 5. 2 in the master, 2 on the pull out couch and 1 in the sleeper.

Mrs Potts

I can't speak for Kidani or BLT, but OKW recently added a sleeper chair so it will sleep 5. 2 in the master, 2 on the pull out couch and 1 in the sleeper.

OKW adding the sleeper chair makes sense to me because the units are larger. I don't know about 5 people in a 1-bdrm at BCV, though. That seems like it would be very crowded to me.

dizzney

I have done five in a one bedroom at BWV many times and had room keys in their name. With three kids it was a no brainer.

We invested a while ago in a blow up twin (with electric pump built in) and I leave it in our Owners Locker. My daughter sleeps on that if we have a one bedroom and my sons share the sofa pullout.

We just returned from BWV (family reunion) and I had a two bedroom villa (as well as a seperate studio to accomodate all) Even though we were 8 in the two bedroom, still used that blowup for my oldest son as it made sense with girls in the second bedroom, guys in the living room and we had the master.

I've never had a problem booking 5 in with DVC.

mousefan1972

OKW adding the sleeper chair makes sense to me because the units are larger. I don't know about 5 people in a 1-bdrm at BCV, though. That seems like it would be very crowded to me.

It sure will be. We just spent 6 nights in a 1 BR at BCV with just 4 people (2 adults, and kids ages 8 and 6) and it was crowded. 5 will be very, very tight. The BCV 1 BR was considerably smaller than the BLT 1 BR we were in this past April.

tjkraz

How much smaller are the 1-Br villas at BCV and BWV compared to AKV, BLT or any of the others that state occupancy of 5?

It's more about the layout than the raw square footage. AKV and BLT rooms in particular are wider which allows the queen sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair to fit and be open at the same time.

There IS room for an air mattress, sleeping bag, etc. in the older resorts like BCV and BWV. But it's not going to be an ideal fit. You'll have to squeeze in wherever it will fit....likely to spill over into the dining area and perhaps even the kitchen depending upon the space needed. And you'll have that air mattress propped-up against the wall during the day.

5 guests will undeniably fit better in a resort which was specifically designed to support them. How much will the quality of the trip suffer by putting 5 in other locations? Each member will have to decide that for him/herself.

BTW, in addition to OKW, BLT and Kidani, Vero beach also has the sleeper chairs. Grand Californian and Aulani have Murphy Beds in the living room to accommodate a 5th guest. Also, at BLT, Kidani and VGC there are 2 bathrooms in One Bedroom villas. All others only have 1 bathroom.

Nero the dog

I have done five in a one bedroom at BWV many times and had room keys in their name. With three kids it was a no brainer.

We invested a while ago in a blow up twin (with electric pump built in) and I leave it in our Owners Locker. My daughter sleeps on that if we have a one bedroom and my sons share the sofa pullout.

We just returned from BWV (family reunion) and I had a two bedroom villa (as well as a seperate studio to accomodate all) Even though we were 8 in the two bedroom, still used that blowup for my oldest son as it made sense with girls in the second bedroom, guys in the living room and we had the master.

I've never had a problem booking 5 in with DVC.

We are hoping to do five in one room for our trip next year at BWV.
When calling DVC to book do you just request the one bedroom and give the five names? What happens if they refuse? Do I leave it and call back or question it? :confused:

thankyou

tjkraz

We are hoping to do five in one room for our trip next year at BWV.
When calling DVC to book do you just request the one bedroom and give the five names? What happens if they refuse? Do I leave it and call back or question it? :confused:

thankyou

At present time DVC permits 5 occupants in any One Bedroom villa EXCEPT the value rooms at AKV Jambo House.

Contractually DVC only has to allow 4 occupants at BWV, BCV and several others. That's what's written into the formal condo bylaws. But they have been "unofficially" allowing 5 occupants for about 4-5 years now.

So unless that unofficial policy changes, any rep you speak with should let you book 5 occupants. If the policy DOES happen to change, then all bets are off. They have no legal obligation to permit more than 4 guests in a BWV One Bedroom villa.

Nero the dog

At present time DVC permits 5 occupants in any One Bedroom villa EXCEPT the value rooms at AKV Jambo House.

Contractually DVC only has to allow 4 occupants at BWV, BCV and several others. That's what's written into the formal condo bylaws. But they have been "unofficially" allowing 5 occupants for about 4-5 years now.

So unless that unofficial policy changes, any rep you speak with should let you book 5 occupants. If the policy DOES happen to change, then all bets are off. They have no legal obligation to permit more than 4 guests in a BWV One Bedroom villa.

Thanks for your comments, i'll give it a try. We do have a back up choice just in case :)

dizzney

In all my years going to Boardwalk (bought in 99) we've never had a problem with our family of five in a one bedroom, and before oru twins were 3, twice we stayed in a studio and they brough me a second pop up crib each time.

When we were there in august and used our blowup just for convenience (we had 8 in a two bedroom) the blowup was in the living room at the foot of the sofa bed at night and we stored it in the walkin closet off the bedroom during the day, no problems at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom