Fitness/Transformation thread

draybook

Original Poster
Anyone else on a fitness/health journey?

The first photo is from October 20th of last year when I went to see my biological father. I was right at 237 lbs. That exact day, I took my blood pressure using my sister's cuff. It was 192 over 131. They actually made me redo it because they thought I didn't have it on right. Same results. How I didn't have a stroke or something is beyond me.

On the flight back to Memphis from Baltimore, my blood sugar dropped super low to the point where I almost rang the flight attendant to request landing due to severe dizziness and some other effects.

My wife really laid into me about my eating habits and lack of exercise and what really hit home was when she told me the kids would grow up without their dad because I was on a quick road to an early death.

I didn't get to start really going to the gym until mid January and then of course the shutdown hampered us for a month until we were able to get our garage turned into a home gym. I still maintain my Planet Fitness membership because they have some stuff we don't, especially that hydromassage chair...

Anyways, the first photo is from October 20th, 2019. The second was taken on my birthday this year, October 19th. I'm down to about 195 and dropped 6 pant sizes. Feeling pretty good about my health and knowing that I should be around for a long time for my kids.

IMG_20201022_124623_240.jpg

IMG_20201022_124623_241.jpg

Please share your transformation photos and stories!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow, @draybook , your progress is amazing! :) Good for you! I'm trying to drop some pounds, too (although, no major amount like you have -- you are quite an inspiration.) :cool:

I have also been reading (in the grocery store) how much salt is on various packages of food, as I'm trying to cut down on excess salt. Salt is in so many things, that you'd never even expect to find it. My BP is starting to inch up, although not critical at this point; but my doctor said I need to start paying more attention to upward fluctuations.

As for exercise, I don't go to a gym or anything. I like being outdoors, and walk a number of miles every week.

draybook

Original Poster
Wow, @draybook , your progress is amazing! :) Good for you! I'm trying to drop some pounds, too (although, no major amount like you have -- you are quite an inspiration.) :cool:

I have also been reading (in the grocery store) how much salt is on various packages of food, as I'm trying to cut down on excess salt. Salt is in so many things, that you'd never even expect to find it. My BP is starting to inch up, although not critical at this point; but my doctor said I need to start paying more attention to upward fluctuations.

As for exercise, I don't go to a gym or anything. I like being outdoors, and walk a number of miles every week.

Much appreciated. My wife is my inspiration. She lost over 100 lbs between 2018 and now. She got into crossfit, kickboxing and running. She's quite a beast at lifting and she became am instructor at the kickboxing gym last month.

The biggest key to losing weight is the diet. Not fad diets but being calorie deficient. There are some awesome apps that help you track that stuff but I use MyFitnessPal. If you stay calorie deficient, even minimal exercise will help shed the weight.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom