First Week of December Trip Report

Just got back from a great weed at WDW. It was my first trip around the Holidays and had a blast. I had no idea how amazing the decorations would be.

The guest included myself-28, wife-26, Mother in Law-60 and son 9 months.

This was my first trip with a kid. I have to say, all in all, it wasn't that bad. Having a child forced us to slow down a ton from our normal pace for naps, feedings etc. This allowed me to enjoy all the details of WDW that I had never experienced before. Another note, the baby fast pass is awesome. I highly recommend this to anyone traveling with kids.

We got in on Sunday and enjoyed a peaceful afternoon at Downtown Disney. We had dinner at T-Rex. Let me tell you, this is a child's dream restaurant. We almost forgot he was there because he was so mezmorized by all of the sounds and decorations. The food was good as well. We then settled in for a good nights rest at Pop Century.

Monday was a full day at the Magic Kingdom. We let the little guy take a nap in the room and then headed over at about 12 or so. The park was a lot more crowded that I expected. Most waits were 35-60 minutes for BTMRR, Spash, Space and a few other rides. We still did everything we wanted to. BTW, Space looked fantastic. The que is amazing and the ride was every bit as fun as I remembered. MK was having extra magic hours so we stayed a little later, did a few rides and gazed at the castle.

Tuesday was a full day at the Studios. We started at about 12 and headed right over to RRC followed by TOT. Both were at about a 30 minutes wait. Nothing too bad. We then did TSMM. As always, the wait was about 60 minutes. It was so long that the little guy took a 40 minute nap on my shoulder. After a few other rides, we experienced American Idol for the first time. It was better than I expected. Then, it was on to the Osborne Lights. Wow. This was spectacular. I don't know who was more mezmorized, me or my son. It was everthing that I expected.

Wednesday started at Animal Kingdom at 10 am. We quickly did Dinosaur, Everest, Nemo and the Safari. We then headed out at about 2 to get a nap for the little guy. At about 4 we headed over to Epcot and did all of the big rides. We finished the day at the France Patiserie. I couldn't have enough of the cheese platter, Napoleon and Ham n Cheese croissant. We finally headed out at about 8pm.

Thursday was another full day at MK. We were lucky enough to get tickets to Christmas Party. Now, I am not normally a parade person, but the parade for the party was amazing. The toy soldiers blew me away. My son also was a big fan of the few pieces of cookie we gave him. (We don't normally do this, but it was a vacation for all of us). At about 9pm we called it a day.

Friday was a horrible weather day. It was in the 60s and rained all day. We made a quick stop at the main street bakery and did a few quick rides and decided that we didn't want to deal with the weather. Plus, the little one was at his wits end of being in the stroller. We concluded the day with time in the hotel room and a few hours at Downtown Disney.

All in all it was a great trip. My son's first ride was POTC. He loved every ride we could take him on especially Peter Pan, Buzz, IASW, Nemo, Safari and the HM. It was amazing to see his eyes and face light up with everything he saw. For others that decide to take an infant, I recommend taking it very slow and enjoy everything at a casual pace. Gauge how your kid is doing and don't plan on doing too much.

corey154

Sounds like a great trip!! (minus the weather friday) It really is something to do Disney with your kids for the first time isn't it? Did you guys stay on property?

foreverbelle

Great report. We are planning on taking our son down for his 1st birthday in February and can't wait to share the experience with him....Sorry you hard crappy weather on Friday but hey you were in Disney....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom