First trip report

Well, just got back from 9 wonderful days in Disneyworld and decided it was time I post my experiences. First of all, I have to apologize for the delay in my posting, we actually got back last Sunday, but I woke up with a kidney stone Monday morning and this is the first I have had a chance to post.

We had a lot of firsts on this trip considering we have probably spent about sixty days at Disneyworld in the last 7 years. Our first new experiece was meeting someone from these boards. Our first night there, we met up with Orlpassholder and his friend, I can't say enough about these guys. These two were probably two of the nicest people I have ever come in contact with and I consider it an honor that I think I can consider them friends of mine. Next time we visit the world, I hope we can meet up with them again. It certainly didn't hurt that they share our same love of pin trading, but I think it is safe to say that we shared more than just that. If you guys are reading this, thanks a lot.

Our next first was Mickey's Philharmagic, have to say probably the best show of it's kind out there. This show captivated my two year old and had him reaching for things and laughing, and begging to see it again. He even watched all the other 3D movies because of it. Great animation, cute story and great effects, a must see in my book.

Next it was Mission:Space. What a great experience. I have to mention that Disney did a great job designing the module so people of all sizes can ride. I am a rather large guy and I fit without a problem, I also saw many smaller kids ridding and they seemed equally comfortable in the seats. Kudos to really thorough engineering on this one. I have to say that no matter how much I tried, I could not tell I was spinning or make myself feel disoriented at all, so I think a lot of the sickness might just be due to the fact that people think it should make them sick. I personally never saw anyone even look the least bick sick after riding it and we probably spent about 2-3 hours at this attraction during our vacation.

Since we were at EPCOT, we decided to try Test Track and see if Kenan was there. He was, I tried to introduce myself, but he seemed really stand-offish and puzzled. Dude, if you don;t want people to say high or recognize you, don't give your real name, where you work and have a picture of yourself as your Avatar. I'll just chalk it up to he was having a bad day, but I am glad I met Orlpassholder first or I would have been more uncomfortable with that meeting. Sorry Kenan.

I would say that crowds were about normal during the week for the week before Thanksgiving (we go this time every year), but the weekend crowds seemed much, much worse. If anyone is interested in hearing more, or getting a day by day breakdown, just let me know and I will continue my report. I hate to bore people if they aren't interested.

The last first that we had on this trip was staying offsite at the Sheraton Vistana resort. The resort is definitely 5 stars, but I didn't have the same feel every day as it does when we stay on property. Every night it seemed like our vacation ended and then started again the next day rather than being emerced in the magic 24/7. Maybe it is just us, but it is certainly worth it to stay on site if you can afford it. Well, I'll sign off for now, let me know if you would like to hear more.

Dizneykev

monorail256

There have been times that I go to Test Track, and I know Kenan's busy... its understandable that he can't talk in one of the busy positions.

I know that I don't like it when a friend of mine comes into the Disney Store and starts talking to me when I have like 15 guests to wait on.

He's a nice guy. Next time your down, maybe he'll be outside. Thats a good place to talk to him... :)

:wave: Kenan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom