First Trip Report- 6/26-6/30/2005

We were at WDW from June 26 thru the 30th (today).

Day 1: Arrival, Downtown Disney
We arrived around 12ish. We checked into the All Star Music resort. Mom had a surprise gift basket waiting for her from my sister. It had cookies and chocolate. Delicious stuff.

Disney062005003-vi.jpg

We had lunch and then went in the pool. We weren't going to do much that day. Pretty much just take it easy. The pool was great. The weather was wonderful. We were in the pool for about 2 hours or so. Then we showered and then went off to Downtown Disney to shop and spend some time. At the World of Disney store I bought a Tinker Bell t-shirt and collectible plate and a princess antenna topper. Pretty much just walked around after that. I compared my hands to celebrities' hands, like Cher at Planet Hollywood.

Disney062005007-vi.jpg

At Bongo's we found that they had some old Cuban phonebooks from 1959. I didn't find my mom's number and address because she may have had a private number, but Max, thinks he found his uncle's address.

Day 2: Magic Kingdom
We woke up at around 7 am. We had breakfast at the food court and off we went to the MK. We caught the end of Cinderellabration. I just love that show.

Disney062005009-vi.jpg

My dad was in a wheelchair since he gets real tired after walking too much, so we got into most rides very quick, despite the crowds. We did everything except Space Mountain & Buzz. Pirates of the Caribbean was PACKED when we first passed by. What a shame because that's one of my dad's favorites. Oh, we went to Toon Town Fair. I introduced Max to Mickey and then we met the Princesses. I finally got my picture taken with Aurora!

Disney062005010-vi.jpg

Disney062005011-vi.jpg

After my parents left the park for the day, Max and I went on Pirates even though it had a 30 minute wait. Then the rain came down when we got off POTC. Time to get the ponchos. Our shoes were soaked. It was like walking on water. We went into Stitch's Great Escape since the wait wasn't so bad. After we walked under the Castle to Tinker Bell's Treasures and find Tink, we decided to leave. The rain didn't seem like it was going to stop anytime soon. I was upset that we were going to miss Wishes, but what can you do.

MiRi

Original Poster
Day 3: Epcot
First thing we did after arriving at Epcot was go to The Land and get Fast Passes for Soarin'. The wait was already 45 minutes. We got our FPs for 3:30. We went to Living with the Land. Then we headed on over to Spaceship Earth.

Epcot062005002-vi.jpg

My dad was on the wheelchair again so we got in very quick. SSE was great, like always. I love that ride. This was Max's first time on it, so I was very excited for him. He really liked it. We also did everything at Epcot, except for Mission:Space. We loved Soarin'! This was our first time on it. It was exciting. I was cheering like a dork when we got to Disneyland and Tink appeared. After Soarin' we had lunch and then went to The Living Seas and yes, we found Nemo!

Epcot062005014-vi.jpg

Then we were off to Imagination. Max hasn't seen the newest version, which he liked, btw. After we did Honey I Shrunk the Audience, I checked to see if Figment was doing meet & greets, and found nothing. We stuck around though to find the doors open and there was the cute purple dragon himself. I finally met my childhood hero.

Epcot062005016-vi.jpg

We had fast passes for Test Track and after that,we finally headed on over to World Showcase to go on El Rio del Tiempo and Maelstrom. We had Mexican for dinner. Then we sat on our spot to wait for Illuminations. Yes, we had some visitors.

Epcot062005024-vi.jpg

The Disney Ducks, which is what I call them, are the cutest things ever. After Illuminations was over, we headed to the exit to go back to the hotel and get to bed.

MiRi

Original Poster
Day 4: MGM
First thing we did was The Great Movie Ride, which is my favorite at MGM. Our driver, Therese, was great. So was the gangster dude... I don't know his name. Then we did the Backlot Tour and found lots of goodies.

MGM062005007-vi.jpg

MGM062005010-vi.jpg

We also did Star Tours & Muppet Vision. We saw Lights! Motors!Action! for the first time. It was truly AMAZING.

MGM062005024-vi.jpg

MGM062005029-vi.jpg

We saw what looks like that San Francisco seems to be finished.

MGM062005032-vi.jpg

We sang in the rain.

MGM062005031-vi.jpg

Now here's the funny part. Waiting to get into Muppet Vision, we saw a cute squirrel run up to someone's stroller and eat something from a bag in back of the stroller. I had to get a picture of it.

MGM062005036-vi.jpg

In One Man's Dream, my mom was shocked to find two of the plates on display we currently own and we used to own when I was little.

MGM062005037-vi.jpg

We still have the white one on the left at home but the one on the right is missing. My mom thinks my grandmother may have broken it or maybe it was lost somewhere in our move from our old house.

It had started to rain and went to wait it out in the Magic of Animation building. We really wanted to see Fantasmic! Luckily, we did because I really would have been upset if we had to miss it due to rain.

Fantasmic! was definitely the perfect way to end our vacation at our favorite place in the world.

The rest of our pictures are here: http://public.fotki.com/cubanprncs81/disney_trips/2005/june_2005/

surfsupdon

Pictures look great, and I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

I, too, get taken aback when Pirates isn't a walk on, but then I must remember that it is a classic, excellent ride, so why shoulnd't it have a wait, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom