First timer Summer 2024

Hello everyone,

I am currently planning my first visit to the happiest place on earth for this summer and I have to admit, I am bit overwhelmed by everyhting that has to be taken into account when booking. I have been a Disneyland Paris pass holder for years and I have dreamt of this trip since my childhood. The thing is that I am used to some of the attraction that we have in common like Peter Pan or IASW, so the aim is obviously to try everything that is different, but it looks like there are going to be some closure of attraction: Splash mountain which I hope will reopon by the time I get there, country bear jamboree and it's tough to be a bug... While the last one is not really a deal breaker for me, I would be a bit upset to learn that I will not be able to ride splash and see the country bears show. My question is do you think I should wait the season of spring 2025, when prices are apparently higher and some other attraction might be closed for refurbishment or should I go this summer anyway not risking to miss other experiences? Another question is about the weather, do you think it is better to go in june more and more rain or in august hotter and risk of hurricanes. That is a lot of question but this is a very special trip for me and I wish it to be as magical as possible.

James J

In the Parks
No
The Happiest Place on Earth (Disneyland), or the Most Magical Place on Earth (WDW)? ;)

Presuming it's the latter, both June and August will be very hot. I'm going to guess as you've been a DLP Passholder that you're possibly from the UK? We are too and went in May last year which we found to be incredibly hot, to the point that we wouldn't go near the summer months again. How do you cope with heat and humidity?

On the rides you've mentioned, I think from reading other threads that it would be incredibly unlikely that Splash/Tiana's will be open this summer I'm afraid. We're going back in November and hoping it might be back running by then.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

There is rarely, if ever, a time when all attractions are operating. No matter when you go, you will miss something. If Splash and Country Bears are your priority though, you have a much better chance of them being open if you wait until next spring.

As mentioned, June and August are both very hot and rainy. If you can go in late August though, you will find lower crowd levels. You would also have the option of going to an early Halloween party, if that is something that interests you.

Upvote 0

stitchangel

Original Poster
Thank you so much to you too for your answer.

If Disneyland is the happiest place on earth and WDW the most happy place on earth I wonder what they call DLP. To answer your question @James J I am actually French but I have been living in the UK for a few months now! ;)

You make a good point @Worldlover71, no matter when I go I will most probably never have the full experience so I might as well go this year, I was actually very interested of going in late august to avoid the crowds but I am concerned with the risk of having a hurricane😂 hence the hesitation.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Given Disney’s track record getting things open “on time”…looking at YOU Epcot, I’d be extremely skeptical that Splash/Tiana’s will even open in 2024.

We are originally from the Pacific Mkrtjwest and found June much more preferable heat-wise than July or August. But as mentioned above, even June is hot!!

I think you’ll just have to decide what’s more important to you attraction-wise. I totally get where you’re coming from as we have a trip planned to Tokyo Disneyland later this year and I know there will definitely be closures of attractions I difinitely would love to see. But I tell myself that itl will just give me another reason to return.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately rehabs and closures happen. We complain when they go down and complain when they go down for getting fixed. At least Dis does a decent job of posting when things are planned to be down. So you have a heads up before arriving on what you will be missing. Their estimates of opening doesnt fare as well because so many unknowns go into what they find when tearing things apart and building back up for opening.
Weather that time of year can be iffy. Long range forecasts may hit or miss. All you can do is be prepared for whatever may be. It will be certain to be hot, but how hot can vary.
If you do decide to go later it gives you more planni ng and saving time so maybe you can have more extras fitted into your trip. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Thank you so much to you too for your answer.

If Disneyland is the happiest place on earth and WDW the most happy place on earth I wonder what they call DLP. To answer your question @James J I am actually French but I have been living in the UK for a few months now! ;)

You make a good point @Worldlover71, no matter when I go I will most probably never have the full experience so I might as well go this year, I was actually very interested of going in late august to avoid the crowds but I am concerned with the risk of having a hurricane😂 hence the hesitation.

I stopped going to WDW from August through October because I got tired of my trips being affected by hurricanes LOL. Plus, the heat and humidity made it miserable. However, one of the best trips was actually the end of August because the hurricane stayed in the Gulf so it only had one day of bad storms and it brought in cooler winds. But the humidity came back with a vengeance when the hurricane went inland to Louisiana. I wouldn't worry about it affecting your trip too much though. I only stopped because we have to travel along the East Coast so it would also affect us back home. I'm not sure if it's still true but the week after the US holiday, Labor Day, used to be a slower week because the majority of US schools are back in session by then. That's the week my family used to travel when I was too young for school.

Upvote 0
It's all in how you set your expectations give your self time to relax a day or two it will make your trip more enjoyable in wouldn't count on riding everything in one day also the shorter your trip the more you will miss because you will be rushing

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom