Trip Report First Timer - Not Anymore!

Hello Everyone,

We are back from our first trip to Disney World. I hope you will enjoy reading about our trip. We had a terrific time.

Here is a link to my Pre-Trip Report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-timer-super-excited.880293/

When: February 24 - March 3, 2014
Resort: Art of Animation - Little Mermaid

Introductions:
Lori with Seb.jpg

That is me Lori also know as LJ or Mom!
Visits to Disney: 1
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion
Favorite Restaurant: Be Our Guest
Favorite Food: Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich
Favorite Character(s): Lady from Lady and the Tramp and Piglet
Favorite Princess: Snow White
Favorite Movie: Winnie the Pooh
Favorite Villain: Maleficent
Maddie with Seb.jpg

This is Madison also known as Maddie!
Visits to Disney: 1
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion
Favorite Restaurant: None (more on that later)
Favorite Food: Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Cherry Shaved Ice from Japan and Vanilla Dole Whip
Favorite Character(s): Alice in Wonderland, Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter
Favorite Princess: Pocahontas
Favorite Movie: Alice in Wonderland
Favorite Villain: Queen of Hearts

Sunday, February 23 - Travel Day 1
I wanted to book a direct flight and couldn't get one from our airport so we drove three hours on this day to Manchester, NH so we could fly direct on Southwest. We spent the night at the Holiday Inn near the airport where we did the park, stay and go package. This worked out great for us. Here is a photo of us heading down to Manchester.
On our way.jpg

We had McDonald's for dinner since it was across the street from the hotel, watched a little TV and went to bed early. We had to be up at 4:30 to get ready to head to the airport and tomorrow is Disney day!

Last edited:

mrdrift

Nice trip report, I'm so glad to hear that you both enjoyed the parks.The first trip is always so exciting and new but can take a toll on the bodies while at the parks, sorry to read you missed the firework shows but like you said there is always next time.

roropatches

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - Disney Day 2 - Magic Kingdom
Lesson learned: if you have a kid that doesn't like sit down/scheduled meals, only schedule a few that you really want to do and eat on the fly the rest of the time.

I really love your trip report so far.. I just started reading it!! I agree with the meal idea.. I will be going with 3 teenagers in a couple of months and we only scheduled a couple of meals.. the rest we will do on the fly.... makes sense to me.... :)

SharonD

Late reading your report, but I really enjoyed seeing The World through first time visitors. Looking forward to reading about your next visit.

gsrjedi

I didn't realize this was from last year until I got to that poster advertising Maleficent. It's always great to read about first-timers and now I plan to start on your newest TR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom