First time visiting Disney World - Help! (please)

irishone

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm sure I'll have lots more :-D

My family (8 people - 7 adults (24-29 yrs old) 1 senior (in better shape then the rest of us!) are going to Disney World Jan 2, 2009 - Jan 7, 2009.

I have been to Disney once - in High School with the band, so I had no say over the travel plans - no one else in the group has been at all.

We are currently stuck between two accommadation choices

Choice A - 2 Disney View Suites at the Blue Heron Beach Resort -http://www.blueheronbeachresort.com/ I like this because it seems like we would have plenty of privacy and still enough room to hang out as a group.
We would also rent two cars with this option.

Choice B
Stay on site - probably 4 preferred rooms at the Pop Century
I love all the amenities offered if you stay on site (ie shuttle, ability to book meal plans) but Choice A has full size kitchens so we could save on food that way.

What do you all suggest, how much could we save (ie parking/tolls) by staying on site?

Thank you in advance!

Laura

I usually stay off-site because I like to have my own kitchen, living room, and a couple bedrooms and bathrooms. I enjoy waking up early and having a nice big breakfast at a real table while still sitting in my pajamas.

But I also always drive down so transportation isn't an issue and my annual pass gives me the free parking and discounted food in the parks. If I was flying down and didn't have an annual pass I probably would not even consider staying off property.

Upvote 0

*wdwobsessed18*

The cabins at Fort Wilderness are a great option, and probably about the same price as 3rooms at a value resort. Plus there are a lot of added things to do in Fort Wilderness, Shows, beaches, campfire with Chip & Dale etc.... And you can rent a golfcart to get around the campground or use their bus system!!! Just a suggestion good luck

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom