First time staying at Boardwalk Inn, HELP!!

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
On our last trip my bf loved spending time at the Boardwalk so much that he said the only way he was going back to Disney was if we stayed there, and of course I have no objection to staying at a deluxe instead of my usual mod or value :p I just booked our trip from Nov 10th-16th at the Boardwalk with a water view room (here's hoping a room discount comes out for then soon!) I have a few questions. Does water view mean both a lagoon view and a pool view? If so, is there anyway to guarantee a lagoon view or is that extra money? Also, I saw that the layout is quite spread out, is there only one set of elevators in the main lobby or does each "wing" have their own? My bf has a really bad back and has had numerous back operations and after dragging him around the parks I'd rather not make him walk a mile to get from the elevators to our room at night. Any other suggestions about the Boardwalk Inn would be greatly appreciated!!

Sweet Melissa

The water view could mean the Boardwalk/Crescent Lake, the pools, or the "river" that runs to Hollywood Studios. I think you can make a request to get a Boardwalk view, but I don't know if that is a specific room type that you can purchase.

There are elevator bays on both the Villas side and the Inn side. It can be a long walk to the elevators if you're at the end of the resort. You can also request a room closer to the elevators, but again, I don't know that there's a way to guarantee it.

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
The water view could mean the Boardwalk/Crescent Lake, the pools, or the "river" that runs to Hollywood Studios. I think you can make a request to get a Boardwalk view, but I don't know if that is a specific room type that you can purchase.

There are elevator bays on both the Villas side and the Inn side. It can be a long walk to the elevators if you're at the end of the resort. You can also request a room closer to the elevators, but again, I don't know that there's a way to guarantee it.

Thanks for your reply, when I call Disney whenever the discount for the fall is announced I'll mention those two requests as well.

Master Gracey 5

If you are staying at the Inn rather than Villas, you will be in the smaller wing that is closer to Epcot. Chances are your water view will be of the pool area since there are fewer rooms that face the lagoon on that side of the resort but you may get lucky. The elevators are just past the Belle Vue room and not far off the lobby, but I believe there is a second bank further along the hallway. You could try to request a first floor room to avoid elevators, but then you really limit your water view options as I don't beleive there are any lagood view on the first floor. Definitely put in a request - theres no harm but also no guarantee you'll get what you were looking for.

We stayed there last year and enjoyed the resort enough that we ended up buying our DVC there through resale. Love the property, take some time to wander around the Boardwalk at night and take advantage of being right near Jellyrolls. If its a nice day, walk to Epcot or DHS rather than take the boat - each is only a 10-15 min walk at a leisurely pace. I think you'll really enjoy your stay next trip!

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
If you are staying at the Inn rather than Villas, you will be in the smaller wing that is closer to Epcot. Chances are your water view will be of the pool area since there are fewer rooms that face the lagoon on that side of the resort but you may get lucky. The elevators are just past the Belle Vue room and not far off the lobby, but I believe there is a second bank further along the hallway. You could try to request a first floor room to avoid elevators, but then you really limit your water view options as I don't beleive there are any lagood view on the first floor. Definitely put in a request - theres no harm but also no guarantee you'll get what you were looking for.

We stayed there last year and enjoyed the resort enough that we ended up buying our DVC there through resale. Love the property, take some time to wander around the Boardwalk at night and take advantage of being right near Jellyrolls. If its a nice day, walk to Epcot or DHS rather than take the boat - each is only a 10-15 min walk at a leisurely pace. I think you'll really enjoy your stay next trip!

Thanks for the advice, I'd be upset if we get a pool view room, the whole reason my bf wants to stay there is because he wants to look over the lagoon, I'll make sure to call soon to request that, and since its going to be our honeymoon I'd like it to be special :). We spent a lot of time at the Boardwalk on our last trip, we ate at the Flying Fish and Kouzzina, and we loved being able to walk to HS and Epcot, that's mostly why we chose this resort. I've never been to Jellyrolls, maybe we'll check it out this trip!

DizneyPryncess

I think a Standard View covers the pool area, gardens & parking area and a Water View is of the Boardwalk/Crescent Lake. Double check this with Disney, but this has always been the case when I've stayed at the Boardwalk & it's also what's on their website. You should be good if you have a Water View booked. :)

As far as elevators go, just let them know your situation & add a request to be near elevators. Disney always does their best to accommodate. It's beautiful resort - my family's favorite place! You will love it!!

Master Gracey 5

Thanks for the advice, I'd be upset if we get a pool view room, the whole reason my bf wants to stay there is because he wants to look over the lagoon, I'll make sure to call soon to request that, and since its going to be our honeymoon I'd like it to be special :). We spent a lot of time at the Boardwalk on our last trip, we ate at the Flying Fish and Kouzzina, and we loved being able to walk to HS and Epcot, that's mostly why we chose this resort. I've never been to Jellyrolls, maybe we'll check it out this trip!

If its going to be your honeymoon let them know when you book - that might be the push to get a lagoon view for you guys! Congrats!

sgtmgd

I think a Standard View covers the pool area, gardens & parking area and a Water View is of the Boardwalk/Crescent Lake. Double check this with Disney, but this has always been the case when I've stayed at the Boardwalk & it's also what's on their website. You should be good if you have a Water View booked. :)

As far as elevators go, just let them know your situation & add a request to be near elevators. Disney always does their best to accommodate. It's beautiful resort - my family's favorite place! You will love it!!

The boardwalk is our favorite resort and where we will buy into DVC. That being said you need to request both a waterview AND Balcony. Princess is correct you will face Crescent lake..Ive posted many times that IMO that view is amazing..sitting on the balcony at night soaking up the sounds and view or very early as the sun rises. I would also state that we have started to arrive the night before and staying at a lesser resort (Shades of Green since IM retired Military) and showing up at the Boardwalk and check-in at 8am the last few times we have done this our room was ready..the early bird catches the worm and if you havent got exactly what you want it is far easier for them to potentially fix something that early vs 3PM at normal check-in. Disney is under no obligation to have your room early it just worked out that way as they werent at capacity the night before..enjoy..it is an awesome resort!

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
The boardwalk is our favorite resort and where we will buy into DVC. That being said you need to request both a waterview AND Balcony. Princess is correct you will face Crescent lake..Ive posted many times that IMO that view is amazing..sitting on the balcony at night soaking up the sounds and view or very early as the sun rises. I would also state that we have started to arrive the night before and staying at a lesser resort (Shades of Green since IM retired Military) and showing up at the Boardwalk and check-in at 8am the last few times we have done this our room was ready..the early bird catches the worm and if you havent got exactly what you want it is far easier for them to potentially fix something that early vs 3PM at normal check-in. Disney is under no obligation to have your room early it just worked out that way as they werent at capacity the night before..enjoy..it is an awesome resort!

Ohhhh I didn't know I had to request a balcony too, I thought all the rooms with water views with the exception of the first floor had balconies! We just decided that we are going to drive from Philly rather that fly (the cost of flights right now are absurd and I actually enjoy the drive) so we will arrive between 5-7 am. I know that in previous years when we stayed at POFQ and Pop and drove, they let us check in as early as 7am, and although our rooms weren't always ready, we did usually get what we had requested.

sgtmgd

Ohhhh I didn't know I had to request a balcony too, I thought all the rooms with water views with the exception of the first floor had balconies! We just decided that we are going to drive from Philly rather that fly (the cost of flights right now are absurd and I actually enjoy the drive) so we will arrive between 5-7 am. I know that in previous years when we stayed at POFQ and Pop and drove, they let us check in as early as 7am, and although our rooms weren't always ready, we did usually get what we had requested.

Call them back and ask for a balcony..they will not garuntee it but will make note of it as not all rooms facing Crescent lake have them..but you are on the right path in getting there early!

minnielaw

We stayed at the BW (villa side) in October 2012 and LOVED it! You cannot beat the location and the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS. The refurbished and expanded Boardwalk Bakery looks awesome too...be sure to grab breakfast here and eat outside overlooking the lagoon...or take it to your room to eat if you get a lagoon view!

I think you have to request a "Boardwalk" view to guarantee a view of the lagoon/Boardwalk area. These are the most expensive class of room at BW, but probably the only way to guarantee that view.

There is a LOT of walking from the elevators to the rooms. However, we requested a first floor room and discovered that we could cut down the walk by entering and exiting the building at the multiple first floor exits all along the building. You may want to consider a first floor room if that is an issue.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!!!

Innkeeper's Club

A Water View room at the Boardwalk Inn guarantee's that you will get a room that has some view of Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk area where the people walk around. I can also guarantee you won't have a view of the river where you see the boats which go to Hollywood Studios, since those are only Boardwalk Villas rooms. As for a balconly I believe only three total rooms on the Boardwalk Inn side don't come with a balcony, so you need to be really un-lucky to get one of them.

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
A Water View room at the Boardwalk Inn guarantee's that you will get a room that has some view of Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk area where the people walk around. I can also guarantee you won't have a view of the river where you see the boats which go to Hollywood Studios, since those are only Boardwalk Villas rooms. As for a balconly I believe only three total rooms on the Boardwalk Inn side don't come with a balcony, so you need to be really un-lucky to get one of them.

Thanks for the clarification! Makes me feel much better knowing we'll have a good view from our room, only 128 more days!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom