First Time Shipping

sdemore

Who has shipped things for your trip and which carrier do you like to use? How far in advance do you ship? All information is appreciated!

Smiley/OCD

My DW ONLY drinks Poland Spring water...(you're also from NJ, so you know), so when we flew, we would ship a case down via UPS...We have since learned that the BJ's in Orlando carries it, so we buy it down there now. We always used UPS, never had a problem. Ship it the week before you leave, make sure you have the official address of the resort you're staying at and write on the box your arrival date and room number if you know it ahead of time. It will be waiting there for you at the luggage area or concierge. Just be aware that there is a fee for this. Just check other treads on here or call the resort directly. We now drive down, so we don't have to ship anymore...hope this helps!

Upvote 0

sdemore

Original Poster
Thank you Smiley/OCD your information is very helpful! I totally understand your wife's need for Poland Spring. Fortunately, we no longer have town water, and I love the taste of my well water. We will be staying on property without a car so I wanted to ship water and a few other things. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

Thank you Smiley/OCD your information is very helpful! I totally understand your wife's need for Poland Spring. Fortunately, we no longer have town water, and I love the taste of my well water. We will be staying on property without a car so I wanted to ship water and a few other things. Your help is greatly appreciated!
I asked my DW...the last time we shipped a full case, it was about $30-40 bucks...we put the case in a box, I would suggest you do the same.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
adding to making sure it's properly addressed, have you considered Amazon? They have Poland spring and it will save you some time not having to make sure it's properly boxed up and it will save you money

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Just shipped Instax Disney film and a few smaller items because I'm not dealing with the TSA screening for the film cartridges. FedEx Express saver (3 business days delivery), own packaging, 6lbs cost me $18. Wrote name and arrival date on all 4 sides so it will be easier to find at resort. We'll find out Friday how well that goes.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Really depends on what exactly you will ship and what you need. Alot of the time unless you have specific food stuffs you can get grocery delivery from one of the various services that offer that, and save over shipping anything down. Otherwise it really shouldn't matter. All packages go to an centralized delivery center (or so I'm told) to then be deliver to the resort at the appropriate time. So if FedEx is cheaper for you, then go FedEx. Same if it's UPS or USPS.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

When we flew, DW had in the past shipped medical supplies that she needed while on our trip. We shipped things in the week before to ensure the pkg was there before we arrived. Everything was held at the resort safely and we got the boxes in good condition. We always shipped UPS.
Now that we drive we travel in with everything we need, along with our diet Dr Pepper. We have had to ship pkgs out from Disney that were work related and used the shipping center located at the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

I now use a grocery service in Orlando since I like certain products. We do a week at Uni, and over 2 weeks at DW. So, I have a delivery to my Uni resort the day we fly in. Then when we switch to DW, I have another delivery to my DW resort. It worked really well - I can even add stuff last minute, and they'll pick up anything. They even went to Costco for me in Dec. (I'm from Wa. state) and we love our Costco items. I got saran wrap to wrap my Costco muffins ind. for the fridge. And croissants. Breakfast of Disney commandos!

Upvote 0
Could you have an Etsy supplier send items to a Disney Hotel by changing the delivery address? It would mean I don’t have to pay £15+ to get some of the awesome T-shirts I’ve seen from the American suppliers

Upvote 0

BuckyMom

Just be aware on getting groceries, etc. Disney vs. non-Disney have different handling instructions. Also, there may be a fee for the hotel to handle your delivery (may be a difference between bell services and front desk delivery). I've used Garden Grocer in the past and it was flawless (a case of water is gold to me). This week, I'm trying Amazon Prime Now. I'll report back next week on how it goes...

Upvote 0

BuckyMom

Update: Ordered misc snacks and 2 cases of water to POR for my daughter and her friends that arrived Sunday night. I put the order on Amazon Prime Now at noon on Sunday - with a 4-6pm window (note: we are Prime members - no delivery fee). They arrived at 7pm to MCO in a horrible rain storm. She stopped at Bell services and indicated that she wanted it delivered to the room as it was raining and the water is heavy to carry. They indicated there would be a $6 fee. A wonderful CM arrived an hour later with everything (the delivery beat the luggage by hours). She tipped appropriately. All's well that ends well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom