First Time! Right Plan?

dmatt87

Hi guys,

I'm leaving for WDW in exactly 3 weeks to celebrate my honeymoon - and it's our first trip there!

I have planned everything, without going overboard, and made my ADRs.

I wanted to know if my schedule makes sense for a first timer or if you have some suggestions :)

August 20
- Arrival at Coronado Springs Resort around 7:30pm
- Dinner at Maya Grill

August 21
- Day at MK
- Afternoon break at the hotel
- Dinner at Coral Reef
- Evening at MK with EMH

August 22
- Day at DHS
- AB at the hotel
- Dinner at 50s Café
- Evening at DHS with EMH

August 23
- Day at EPCOT
- AB at the hotel
- Dinner at Les Chefs de France
- Evening at EPCOT with EMH

August 24
- Day at AK
- AB at the hotel
- Dinner at Fulton's Crab House
- Evening in DTD

August 25
- Day at Universal Studios

August 26
- Day at MK
- AB at the hotel
- Dinner at Tony's Town Square
- Evening at MK with EMH

August 27
- No defined plan
- Dinner at the Wave

August 28
- Plane leaves at 2:30pm

I think it's a great plan but maybe it's a little much:rolleyes:

wendysue

Maybe be a little more spontaneous. Part of the fun is just waking up and jumping on the first bus that shows up and seeing where you end up later.

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
Maybe be a little more spontaneous. Part of the fun is just waking up and jumping on the first bus that shows up and seeing where you end up later.

Maybe we will try this next trip. But we wanted to see certain attractions on our first trip.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

It sounds like a great plan! And you definitely left room to keep it flexible.

But I want to double check...on the 21st, you are going to MK in the morning & then MK again for evening EMH with dinner in the Coral Reef which is in Epcot. Was that your plan? Do you have the Park Hopper option?

I'm sure you'll have a great time. I love the Coronado Springs Resort!!

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
It sounds like a great plan! And you definitely left room to keep it flexible.

But I want to double check...on the 21st, you are going to MK in the morning & then MK again for evening EMH with dinner in the Coral Reef which is in Epcot. Was that your plan? Do you have the Park Hopper option?

I'm sure you'll have a great time. I love the Coronado Springs Resort!!

Yes, we have the park hopper option. The travelliing is not ideal, but we wanted to try this restaurant and MK choices are limited for dinner.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I really like your plan. In August, with the heat, it's smart to be prepared to have breaks in the day. And if you're in the park & don't feel like taking the break, you don't have to.

Also, if I had to pick a park to spend the most time at it would be MK. So I agree w/your choice in spending 2 different days there, for at least part of the day. My only suggestion would be that on the day when you have no definite plans, to possibly spend it at the pool if you don't get enough time there during the week. Coronado Springs has a really fun pool.

I feel like sometimes I don't get to really see the resort I am at, and that's part of the fun. With your afternoon breaks, it may be enough. But if not, you at at least left a day in there to check it out.

Nice ADR's too - I personally plan everything out too. I feel like you have to these days if you want to eat at certain places. Have a great honeymoon! I spent mine there as well - it's a great place to celebrate.

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
Nice ADR's too - I personally plan everything out too. I feel like you have to these days if you want to eat at certain places. Have a great honeymoon! I spent mine there as well - it's a great place to celebrate.

Good to know I'm not the only extreme planner ;)

Thanks! We will make a great celebration out of it :)

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Looks like an awesome plan! You'll love dinner at The Wave. We ate there on our honeymoon and our one of our best, most relaxing meals of the whole trip. That place is definitely a underrated gem!

One Comment:

I am *always* pro park-hopper, we buy them for every trip and use them often. The parks with the evening EMH tend to be crowded during the day. You may want to consider switching things up to go to a less crowded park during the day (the park that had EMH yesterday is a good bet) and then go to the EMH park for the evening. For some reason we like to do two different parks each day.

If you don't think you'll do this, having the park hoppers simply to go to Coral Reef on the MK day is a rather expensive option. You could always try out one of the resort restaurants that day instead. The restaurants at the resorts tend to be less crowded and (we think) have better service often.

Upvote 0

stlbobby

You have done a great job. My one suggestion would be cancel the Coral Reef. It is a great restaurant, but if you cancel it you can save the money on the park hopper option and the headaches of changing parks.

I suggest Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian--amazing seafood choices, or The California Grill or The Wave at The Contemporary. All of these are right on the monorail line and wonderful dining experiences perfect for a honeymoon. You might also try Citrcos at GF, not my first choice, but others love it.

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
You have done a great job. My one suggestion would be cancel the Coral Reef. It is a great restaurant, but if you cancel it you can save the money on the park hopper option and the headaches of changing parks.

I suggest Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian--amazing seafood choices, or The California Grill or The Wave at The Contemporary. All of these are right on the monorail line and wonderful dining experiences perfect for a honeymoon. You might also try Citrcos at GF, not my first choice, but others love it.

I will consider your suggestion :)

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

I agree totally with this quote. You are paying for the park hopper for every day and only using it once. Also we were not big fans of coral reef. If you are looking for a nice seafood meal then you would be better off somewhere else, maybe Fultons or Narcoossee's. Personally I much prefer Red Lobster to Coral Reef and for the money you pay it should not even be a contest between the two.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Although I love being spontaneous, I don't recommend it for first timers. You want to make sure you get in everything which requires planning.

Your plan looks pretty good to me. I just have a couple of suggestions...

1. On August 21st you start in MK, then go to your hotel, then to Epcot and then back to Mk. It's totally doable but it is a lot of travel time that you could be using to enjoy the parks. Just something to keep in mind.

2. Instead of going back to your hotel everyday I'd spend some time exploring the resorts. They're attractions in and of themselves so they're def worth seeing. I recommend the Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, the Polynesian and the Boardwalk hotels.

Have a great trip and congratulations!!

Upvote 0

bhg469

I agree totally with this quote. You are paying for the park hopper for every day and only using it once. Also we were not big fans of coral reef. If you are looking for a nice seafood meal then you would be better off somewhere else, maybe Fultons or Narcoossee's. Personally I much prefer Red Lobster to Coral Reef and for the money you pay it should not even be a contest between the two.

You're really paying for the room at coral reef so saying that isn't totally tue. The food is pretty good and sometimes I would not put it above red lobster but often it offers some interesting entrees. Having dinner next to a giant, century old, sea turtle is not something red lobster offers however. Besides, Epcot is pretty much my favorite place on earth during the food and wine festival.

Park hopper option is freaking expensive though... at mk I really enjoy tony's, not for the Italian but for the meat options. I had a fantastic pork shank there in October and was a surprise meal of the trip. People like to hate on their food but often complain about the pasta. I am a huge foodie and I can tell you that just about every restaurant had something that will make you smile.

I did have reservations for mya grill on my last trip but cancelled them because of 3 different couples on the bus telling us how bad it was. I normally don't do that so if you do go report back.

I am a huge fan of Coronado and the pepper market so great choice on the resort.

The wave... FANTASTIC. Totally a hidden gem like the other poster said. My fiance had the chicken and waffles, but the waffles were made with a potato batter and I was completely jealous.

We are having our honeymoon in St. Lucia at sandals and I hope the food is half as good as it is in Disney.

Have fun enjoy the trip. and have the market nachos!!!

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
Although I love being spontaneous, I don't recommend it for first timers. You want to make sure you get in everything which requires planning.

Your plan looks pretty good to me. I just have a couple of suggestions...

1. On August 21st you start in MK, then go to your hotel, then to Epcot and then back to Mk. It's totally doable but it is a lot of travel time that you could be using to enjoy the parks. Just something to keep in mind.

2. Instead of going back to your hotel everyday I'd spend some time exploring the resorts. They're attractions in and of themselves so they're def worth seeing. I recommend the Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, the Polynesian and the Boardwalk hotels.

Have a great trip and congratulations!!

1. We don't mind missing some park time - with the EMH until 1am we should have plenty of time :)

2. Depending on our level of tiredness, we might check the resorts out!

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
You're really paying for the room at coral reef so saying that isn't totally tue. The food is pretty good and sometimes I would not put it above red lobster but often it offers some interesting entrees. Having dinner next to a giant, century old, sea turtle is not something red lobster offers however. Besides, Epcot is pretty much my favorite place on earth during the food and wine festival.

Park hopper option is freaking expensive though... at mk I really enjoy tony's, not for the Italian but for the meat options. I had a fantastic pork shank there in October and was a surprise meal of the trip. People like to hate on their food but often complain about the pasta. I am a huge foodie and I can tell you that just about every restaurant had something that will make you smile.

I did have reservations for mya grill on my last trip but cancelled them because of 3 different couples on the bus telling us how bad it was. I normally don't do that so if you do go report back.

I am a huge fan of Coronado and the pepper market so great choice on the resort.

The wave... FANTASTIC. Totally a hidden gem like the other poster said. My fiance had the chicken and waffles, but the waffles were made with a potato batter and I was completely jealous.

We are having our honeymoon in St. Lucia at sandals and I hope the food is half as good as it is in Disney.

Have fun enjoy the trip. and have the market nachos!!!

For the Coral Reef - we are going more for the atmosphere than the food but the menu and reviews seem very good.

I didn't choose Tony for the pasta - I was more looking ahead to the meat!

I will keep you posted on the Maya Grill - we are also having our daily breakfast there.

For the Wave - I hadn't paid attention to it until yesterday and then I booked it. The food and atmosphere looks delicious. I'm more of a red meat kind of guy but the chicken with the potato waffles sound great.

Enjoy your honeymoon in St.Lucia - what it might lack in foods, it will make up in views.

Upvote 0

Obi

i'd keep the coral reef reserevation. i'm not a fan of seafood but i did enjoy eating there the last time i was there because of the atmosphere...

plus, you got the park hopper option, might as well use it.. hop on a monorail at mk and ride on over to epcot.... then you can hop back on the monorail and ride back to mk...

i've got breakfast reservations at the wave. i've heard many people say it's a hidden gem... looking forward to it...

anyway, just go and enjoy yourself. nothing wrong with planning it out, especially your first trip...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom