First Time Cruise. - Christmas

Krazikins

Original Poster
Hi,
Does anyone know if they have any special themed nights for the Christmas cruise?
Or any tips for the cruise in December?

Thanks!

ChuckElias

My very first Disney cruise was a Christmas cruise (way back in 2001!). It was, in a word, AWESOME! Mrs. Claus read stories in the Atrium, Santa came to visit during dinner, every stateroom got cookies and milk to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve. The Atrium was, of course, decorated for Christmas, including a big tree. They had the "Big 5" characters come into the Atrium for carols; and it SNOWED!!

Last year, on the Fantasy, the decorations included a huge gingerbread house:

You're going to love it.

Last edited:

atrus79

On the Disney Cruise Line site ... if you hover on "Cruises and Destinations" you will see a link to click called 'Holidays on the High Seas' ... from there it will bring you to the list of Holiday events and you can take a look at the 'Very Merrytime Cruises' which include the following:

Holiday Cheer at Castaway Cay
A winter wonderland awaits you aboard each ship—as well as at Castaway Cay!

Disney's private island paradise is transformed with "snow" flurries, a Christmas tree and more. Be on the lookout for Mr. and Mrs. Snowman, dressed in their island attire. Plus, the island's tram is decorated to resemble a reindeer, complete with antlers and a tail.

Onboard Experiences

On the ship, discover a festive fusion of holiday-themed entertainment, activities and décor—with a life-sized gingerbread house, 24-foot Christmas tree, garlands, poinsettias, shimmering lights and more!

Other holiday enhancements include:

• Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night, with candy-cane limbo, dancing and games
  • Tree Lighting Ceremony, where kids can help light the tree and kick off the holiday festivities
  • Santa Claus meet-and-greet, an exciting opportunity to take family pictures and see Santa and his elves
  • Meet-and-Greets with some favorite Disney Characters, dressed in their holiday attire
  • Teen-only and tween-only holiday parties—private celebrations where teens and tweens can hang out with new friends
  • Holiday storytelling, with new and old tales about holidays at sea and around the world
  • Themed activities and crafts for kids—decorate stockings, make holiday cards, go on a holiday scavenger hunt and more
  • A life-sized gingerbread house made completely with edible ingredients—and the opportunity to make your own gingerbread house*
  • Holiday merchandise available for this event
(Information is from disneycruiseline website)

Hope that helps you!

PolynesianPrincess

I'm going on the first Christmas cruise of the season next month! I'll report back with everything that happened! :)

One thing I did read is that the Gingerbread house is assembled after Thanksgiving so it won't be up for our cruise :( But hopefully they will have a build your own gingerbread house seminar! :)

Krazikins

Original Poster
My very first Disney cruise was a Christmas cruise (way back in 2003!). It was, in a word, AWESOME! Mrs. Claus read stories in the Atrium, Santa came to visit during dinner, every stateroom got cookies and milk to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve. The Atrium was, of course, decorated for Christmas, including a big tree. They had the "Big 5" characters come into the Atrium for carols; and it SNOWED!!

Last year, on the Fantasy, the decorations included a huge gingerbread house:

You're going to love it.

Sounds amazing! You all look lovely :)

Krazikins

Original Poster
On the Disney Cruise Line site ... if you hover on "Cruises and Destinations" you will see a link to click called 'Holidays on the High Seas' ... from there it will bring you to the list of Holiday events and you can take a look at the 'Very Merrytime Cruises' which include the following:

Holiday Cheer at Castaway Cay
A winter wonderland awaits you aboard each ship—as well as at Castaway Cay!

Disney's private island paradise is transformed with "snow" flurries, a Christmas tree and more. Be on the lookout for Mr. and Mrs. Snowman, dressed in their island attire. Plus, the island's tram is decorated to resemble a reindeer, complete with antlers and a tail.

Onboard Experiences

On the ship, discover a festive fusion of holiday-themed entertainment, activities and décor—with a life-sized gingerbread house, 24-foot Christmas tree, garlands, poinsettias, shimmering lights and more!

Other holiday enhancements include:

• Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night, with candy-cane limbo, dancing and games
  • Tree Lighting Ceremony, where kids can help light the tree and kick off the holiday festivities
  • Santa Claus meet-and-greet, an exciting opportunity to take family pictures and see Santa and his elves
  • Meet-and-Greets with some favorite Disney Characters, dressed in their holiday attire
  • Teen-only and tween-only holiday parties—private celebrations where teens and tweens can hang out with new friends
  • Holiday storytelling, with new and old tales about holidays at sea and around the world
  • Themed activities and crafts for kids—decorate stockings, make holiday cards, go on a holiday scavenger hunt and more
  • A life-sized gingerbread house made completely with edible ingredients—and the opportunity to make your own gingerbread house*
  • Holiday merchandise available for this event
(Information is from disneycruiseline website)

Hope that helps you!

It helps alot! Thank you! :)

When do they start decorating for Christmas? I just nabbed a 5 night cruise on the Wonder (my first cruise ever!!!!) significantly discounted thanks to a friend that works for DCL, setting sail on November 14th. I'd be pretty pumped if they have decorations out that early :)

Bolna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom